Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May as well throw my hat in the ring here and detail it from the very beginning...

Here she is as picked up from the dealer... stock as stock can be:

IMG_3263.jpg

Put about 50 miles on the clock and it's time to let the mods begin.

Billet aftermarket mirrors:

IMG_3298.jpg
IMG_3299.jpg

The white-out plastics treatment, MSX graphics, Honda racing wheel decals, and few less reflectors:

(I was actually pretty surprised how long it took to replace all the body panels. Lots of screws, bolts, pop rivets, and miscellaneous pieces needing to be put together. NOTE: You likely want to get some extra plastic pop rivets if you plan to do this, they break pretty easily, and they are really cheap.)

IMG_3303.jpg

To be continued...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Right up my alley. I was bummed that they're not doing a white in the US immediately, but it looks like it's not that much of an obstacle!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keeping this moving, she got her "tail docked" today with the MNNTHBX fender eliminator...

I gotta say, what an amazingly trick and well engineered piece of kit!

photo[1].JPG photo.JPG

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got the flush mount front LED blinkers hooked up last night. She's coming together a bit now...

Now if only my damn black Moriwaki exhaust from Japan would show up sometime this year (noooot really kidding... it's been 2 months since I ordered it, and it has an estimated 1.5 months more remaining until becoming available)

photo.JPG

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hmmm....to bad you guys are so far north of Surf City.

Sooo...If I have the red Grom...is the black or polished exhaust best. Me likey.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Moriwaki exhaust + Tyga carbon fiber body panels installed! Also lost the mirrors all-together...

Moriwaki is... in a word... SICK. Gave the bike a very tuned sounding low rumble. Louder than the sewing machine stocker, but not loud by a long shot. Seems a bit snappier on my butt dyno. Nothing but great things to say.

IMG_3584.jpg

·
Registered
677 Posts
Loved the moriwaki when Alan had it (rip) absolutely fantastic sound. Also really like the decal with that one too. Did it come that way?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts