Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I know the manual says 600 miles until the first oil change but is anyone changing it early? If so how many miles? Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't overthink it. Change the oil around 600 then move on. I changed mine and cleaned the screen around 525 miles, but the jug and piston were also changed, along with a custom tune... between 525 miles and 2000 miles, I've cracked open the clutch cover for some troubleshooting and cleaned the screen a couple more times. I'll be changing the oil and check my valves soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I noticed how much quieter the bike was after changing the oil the first time. I was just shy of 600 when I changed it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I just changed mine around 400. I wanted to do it sooner, but didn't get around to it. A small displacement engine that's constantly revving high is going to lead to a hard and fast break in and lots of metal shavings. And seeing all the gasket material and what I believe is sealant on my oil screen I definitely would advise to do it early and then again at 600 then again around 1,000 miles and then go to normal schedule if you're okay with the longish intervals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts