Honda Grom banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only parts I needed were some stainless hardware I already had, and a four 90 degree brackets. These are used to install fiber conduit to 19" racks. I already had them too.

I used the metal add-on tag bracket that was on my bike, and cut the side reflector angle parts off of them. Then two 90 degree brackets to connect it to the original rear fender bolt holes. And two more brackets to attach the stock blinkers to the tag bracket, angles upwards of course.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

Here it is mocked up before I took it apart to paint it flat black.

And here it is painted with my temp tag back on. The tag frame will be gone when I get a real tag.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I like your brackets for the tail tidy but the >50% of the blinker behind the plate does not look good IMHO.

When I turn on a signal, I want the driver behind me to SEE it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like your brackets for the tail tidy but the >50% of the blinker behind the plate does not look good IMHO.

When I turn on a signal, I want the driver behind me to SEE it.
I can understand your concern, I had the same concern. I was originally going to have them at a downward angle. But they way the reflectors are, they still put out a good amount of light to the rear

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or I can leave it like this. The adjustment only took a few minutes (one bolt). I do plan on getting some more compact blinkers in the future.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I think I like it down better. Looks less crowded.

Reactions: Philip

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The down looks cool and would clear most aftermarket exhausts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
D.i.y points 10
Style points 6 ish...
Tenn ingenuity 100%
Stay proud my friend....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts