Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front shock is crazy soft, an the brakes are pretty crappy, keep in mind I have 20miles.

I actually got mine an the meter said 0. The block that my dealer uses it test ride is .7 miles.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I agree. Front shocks seem too soft. But then I hit some cruddy potholes in my neighborhood, and maybe the shocks are good soft like that? I don't know. I'm planning on reading the manual to see what adjustments I can make.

My first impressions after riding 20 miles:

This is one small baby bike. Smaller than I thought it would be. It's actually cute.
I don't know how to sit on this bike and my butt hurts. Maybe I just need to get used to it, like the first week riding a bicycle in a long time.
It's amazingly light, lighter than my 50 cc scooter which is awesome.
Also it's quiet and sounds tame, but the engine is thumpy. I wasn't expecting that. Wish the right mirror didn't shake from the thump... I wouldn't mind an even thump that didn't shake mirrors. Or maybe I just need new mirrors.

Performance-wise I don't want to comment on it, as I'm trying not to kill this bike and break it in slow. Also don't want to be crazy on it as I'm getting used to position and feel of it. And I've never broken in a new bike before. But I think this will be a great replacement for my scooter.

Oh and edit for other weird things I forgot:

1. The seat is a bitch to get on and off.
2. I kept honking at people when trying to use the turn signal. I swear I honked at people 5x doing my 20 mile ride home today. :/

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
I agree. Front shocks seem too soft. But then I hit some cruddy potholes in my neighborhood, and maybe the shocks are good soft like that? I don't know. I'm planning on reading the manual to see what adjustments I can make.

My first impressions after riding 20 miles:

This is one small baby bike. Smaller than I thought it would be. It's actually cute.
I don't know how to sit on this bike and my butt hurts. Maybe I just need to get used to it, like the first week riding a bicycle in a long time.
It's amazingly light, lighter than my 50 cc scooter which is awesome.
Also it's quiet and sounds tame, but the engine is thumpy. I wasn't expecting that. Wish the right mirror didn't shake from the thump... I wouldn't mind an even thump that didn't shake mirrors. Or maybe I just need new mirrors.

Performance-wise I don't want to comment on it, as I'm trying not to kill this bike and break it in slow. Also don't want to be crazy on it as I'm getting used to position and feel of it. And I've never broken in a new bike before. But I think this will be a great replacement for my scooter.

Oh and edit for other weird things I forgot:

1. The seat is a bitch to get on and off.
2. I kept honking at people when trying to use the turn signal. I swear I honked at people 5x doing my 20 mile ride home today. :/
Try sitting way forward and using the ugly black triangle side covers as tank knee pads. It may seem weird at first but that is where I got used to it and it will be easier on your ass. I have a 30" inseam.

The seat needs a couple of washers under the hooks/seat strap holders. That mod is an easy and useful one for people with difficult seats. There is a thread here for it.......here

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't want to comment on it, as I'm trying not to kill this bike and break it in slow. Also don't want to be crazy on it as I'm getting used to position and feel of it. And I've never broken in a new bike before.
That's how I break mine in. Nice and easy. Seems we are the minority on this forum though. :-\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts