Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up early last week, and have been riding it a lot in between the required maintenance. I'm 6 foot and 220, with some of the hills around here, I have to plan it pretty well to get up them with out bogging down, but that was expected and not that big of a deal, on the flatter roads it does great. Several things I have noticed, I watch people when I pass, and the only ones I see that pay any attention to me at all are the kids. LOL I'm sure they are lusting after my Grom ! Out on the main drag, even though I have no problem moving with traffic at the 40 MPH speed limit, it seems everyone has that "I gotta pass him" attitude. Since most of them are driving pick up trucks, it can be concerning at times, so I try to avoid the busy roads. Really, my only complaint so far is the SEAT....my gawd what were they thinking when they put that big dip in there forcing you towards the tank. A Corbin will have to be ordered very soon. I love the simplicity of the stock bike, easy oil changes, easy to handle and move around, easy to haul, easy to work on etc.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I think size matters here. "Its a tiny bike I gotta get around him" attitude. Just be prepared for it at all times.

My cheeks sent me a thank you letter after I added a Seat Concepts seat. Never tried a corbin.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
welcome and ride safe, I just did a break in Cruz this morning on my grom, newly lapped valves for my Takegawa 181-4v head and it is running pretty strong except for a little winning noise that is driving me crazy. Yes I break in my rebuilt engine like I stole it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I say Corbin only because that's what I have on my Honda CB1100, and it is wonderful. I know it's more expensive, but I have a lot of confidence it will be nice on the Grom ! And thanks for the welcome, much appreciated! John

·
Registered
23 Posts
You’ll be happy with the Corbin. It was the first upgrade for me…30 minutes on the stock seat and I wasn’t having fun anymore. Took about 2 weeks to get it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts