Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered the finbro ecu from hard racing for my 18 grom that has an hindle exhaust and soon to install chimera intake and tb cam. My question is if i want to run an aftermarket wideband o2 gauge and sensor how would I go about doing that? Brand ? preference? Can I piggyback the o2 sensor in the head currently ...disconnect the old sensor and plug the new one and then route that into the bung on the hindle exhaust? I have read a few different threads no one really seems to explain that process real well... THANKS

·
Registered
705 Posts
The wideband O2 sensor and gauge are going to be independent from what you're describing. The stock O2 sensor in the head will remain there.

You will be utilizing the bung on the Hindle exhaust to mount the O2 sensor, which wires to the gauge, which just require power.

I am actually selling my wideband O2 setup, an AEM UEGO gauge and sensor: https://www.hondagrom.net/forums/25-parts-sale-wanted/39886-f-s-aem-uego-wideband-o2-gauge.html

It comes with everything you need to use it on your Grom.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Never put a WB02 sensor in the stock head where the CL sensor is located, you'll carbon up the senor and cause all kinds of problem put the WB sensor at lease 6-8 inches from the exhaust port and before the CAT.

Ride safe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never put a WB02 sensor in the stock head where the CL sensor is located, you'll carbon up the senor and cause all kinds of problem put the WB sensor at lease 6-8 inches from the exhaust port and before the CAT.

Ride safe
can you use the stock plug connection from the stock o2 sensor. plug a wideband o2 sensor into it and install it on the bung in the exhaust in theory bypassing the head. Basically I want to be able to run a wideband o2 in the bung with my finbro ecu and since the finbro ecu uses the stock o2 sensor I would need to use the stock plug connection. Also not sure if you know this would mess up the ecu if it went from narrow to wideband. Sorry if thats confusing but i think after reading many threads its in my best interest to run an a/f gauge. THANKS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts