Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the older Finbro 26.5/22mm head on my bike and forgot if it came with heavier valve springs or not, does anyone remember?

What is a safe range to set my rev limit to?

I'm running a Kitaco type 2 cam on a 143 Tak bbk, so I need that top end power.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
I run my 143 up to 11k but Im running a ported head with upgraded retainers from DHM.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would just install the dual valve springs regardless. Then you know for sure you can spin it up to 11K and you'll be squeezing all the potential out of it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... I probably should and will later but I just don't have the time right now to take the head off again to change the springs.

What's a safe rev limit for stock springs?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah... I probably should and will later but I just don't have the time right now to take the head off again to change the springs.

What's a safe rev limit for stock springs?
Safe rev limit with stock springs is pretty much stock limit... they float shortly thereafter.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I've been running my stock cylinder close to 10k rpm where I set the limit. What's the sign of a floating valve?
Without opening the motor up and looking for contact between the piston and valves, you can't know for sure. Sometimes there won't be any contact between the valve and piston, but the valves are floating. Its really hard to tell without doing a back to back comparison against a similarly set up motor with stiffer valve springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts