Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call...Monkey is in...I was excited to see it and get it right away.

..After all was said and done my dealer gave me a price of 150-170 bucks a month for the Yellow non-ABS Monkey.

After I got done laughing at that ABSURD price for someone with a credit score of 800 I said.. "I'll see ya."

I won't be buying it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you see if your Bank or insurance company can give you a better rate?
I could probably get a much better deal from my bank but the entire process from the beginning with this dealership has soured me on the entire thing. My many months of excitement and impatience for the Monkey has slowly turned into disappointment and frustration. Today may have been the last straw. 150 bucks a month for a 4000 toy is beyond ridiculous.

They'll have it sold within a week anyway so it isn't like they need to try to sell it to me with a better deal.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Yep it's called the bend over welcome for any new motorcycle, car, truck or what ever that a person must have and the sales person knows to use the best option for them or the dealer ves the buyer.

Welcome to the real world. Go check out a Kymco Spade 150 I bet you'll save a lot of money on that one

·
Banned
714 Posts
financing something that's 4000 dollars is what's ridiculous.

in those many months of excitement i'm sure you could have come up with a decent chunk of change. sell some stuff you don't use, and go pay cash.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep it's called the bend over welcome for any new motorcycle, car, truck or what ever that a person must have and the sales person knows to use the best option for them or the dealer ves the buyer.

Welcome to the real world. Go check out a Kymco Spade 150 I bet you'll save a lot of money on that one
Nah....I like the monkey, that's what I wanted but...again.....This is a toy, I don't need it that bad.

As far as the real world.....I know....I've been buying cars for decades. I paid 12% interest on a 1990 Honda CRC brand new in 90 with terrible credit.

I'm not 20 years old anymore. I'm not buying ANYTHING on 16% interest.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

in those many months of excitement i'm sure you could have come up with a decent chunk of change. sell some stuff you don't use, and go pay cash.
You're right.

I'll skip it entirely

·
Registered
140 Posts

Agreed - with the amount of runway between announcement and release a smart shopper would have been ‘making payments’ already and had the money or most of it aside for the big day.

That said your quote sounds like traditional financing which puts more in your dealers pocket. You can get a Honda power equipment credit card from citi at your dealer and they are offering 0% for 12 months. You might want to inquire about that instead and hopefully you can pay it off in that time. If not interest is NOT retro on this card and the ‘juice’ only starts on your balance at the end of 12 months.

·
Registered
140 Posts

You're right.

I'll skip it entirely

I wouldn’t - with an 800+ score you should have plenty of options at 0%. Getting your hands on one I suspect will be tough for a while, and yellow (at least around me) is even tougher than red.

Bike is a blast and more fun than a barrel of...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed - with the amount of runway between announcement and release a smart shopper would have been ‘making payments’ already and had the money or most of it aside for the big day.

That said your quote sounds like traditional financing which puts more in your dealers pocket. You can get a Honda power equipment credit card from citi at your dealer and they are offering 0% for 12 months. You might want to inquire about that instead and hopefully you can pay it off in that time. If not interest is NOT retro on this card and the ‘juice’ only starts on your balance at the end of 12 months.
You're right.

I'll skip it.

·
Banned
714 Posts
I wouldn’t - with an 800+ score you should have plenty of options at 0%. Getting your hands on one I suspect will be tough for a while, and yellow (at least around me) is even tougher than red.

Bike is a blast and more fun than a barrel of...
nobody is obliged to give you free money. especially on something subject to depreciation.

you won't get 0% because you pay your bills. your responsibility does not earn you free money. if a car dealer gives you 0% they have increased the sale price prior to the offer. 0% is a fallacy.

but really, if you think that you should be put on a pedestal for being a responsible person, your delusions are met with "fuck you" interest rates.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nobody is obliged to give you free money. especially on something subject to depreciation.

you won't get 0% because you pay your bills. your responsibility does not earn you free money. if a car dealer gives you 0% they have increased the sale price prior to the offer. 0% is a fallacy.

but really, if you think that you should be put on a pedestal for being a responsible person, your delusions are met with "fuck you" interest rates.
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

First of all I'm not looking for free money or 0% or to be put on a pedestal, you insufferable fucking dweeb.

If you bothered to read anything instead of acting like some internet hardass you'd know that the 16% was final straw in a bad experience with the dealership.

If you want to accept a high interest rate on something then have at it.....I'm sure your 24% mortgage rate is great for you too because "No one is obliged to give you free money"

Whatever brother.....have fun on your MonkeyBike and I'll find a different dealership in the meantime.

Oh...before I forget......go fuck yourself.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Actually it does... My depreciated monkey is sitting in the garage now, paid exactly MSRP no markup and dealer even gave me a break on his normal fees because it basically comes out of the crate ready to roll....

Financed at 0% just because I could. Guess they messed up.

Loans, credit and financing in general are definitely tilted in favor of the lenders, but if you pay your bills and are responsible AND know how to play their game interest isn't a problem!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts