Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just entered the freeway, and WOT the throttle. I noticed that it showed 62MPH so i tucked as low as possible. And focused on making sure i didn't hit the car infront of me... I had no idea i got to 65 until i reviewed it later! I used aSmartHUD on my iPhone to acts as a secondary speedometer. They are pretty much in sync as far as reporting speed.

If you liked my subway video, you'll love this next story, but this time i didn't catch it on video. I swung by cyclegear to some motul 5100 so i could change my oil. I'm already at 160 miles. After I left, I was passing Stubbs 59 cycles so I decided to go in to see if i could get some spare keys.

I parked my grom, and even before i got off. Two employees came out and said, "Wow you got one! I saw you drive by and i thought i saw one so i had to come out to look!" Chatted them up for a sec and went inside. I think he saw me on this homepage.

I went to the parts department, but after checking no keys available so I started to leave. The salesman i met outside was telling everyone. Her their is a GROM outside! That guy has one!

So when i get outside, i have a crowd of 5-8 employees checking it out. One of them asks me if he could sit on it. And I thanked him for asking, and said sure go ahead. He is giggling like a kid that just got an empty box to play with!

They had told me they are 6 deep on pre-orders and haven't gotten any!!!

The crowd thins a little to go back to work, when another parts dept guy comes out and said, "Wow can i take picture of it? I said sure but don't you want to sit on it in the picture?" He said, "no that is o.... Hell yeah! Is that cool?" I obliged again and took a pic for him sitting on my Grom.

Yeah... i have got to say this bike has a cool factor of 11 out of 10!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i find that i have been hitting 61-63 more frequently with greater ease.

the first night i took it home, i wasnt able to get it over 59mph.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
He's holding it on his chewie bandolier! Or in his mouth. :haha:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is a excellent video. how did you capture that angle?

gopro hero 3 set to wide with ram handlebar mount.

iphone is sitting in a xgrip mount connected to a ram mirror mount. i had to use the long ext with a double ball and med ext. so that it could reach.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice! Yeah I had a few people today give me the thumbs up while i was riding & my neighbor was like "damn what bike is this? I have to get one this thing looks like a mini streetfighter". I hope your not wearing your custom chewbacca shoes in this vid lol. although the wind would prob feel good on the toes lol.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i hope ya'll realize chewbacca shoes only are worn when it is raining and i have to drive my minivan.

when i ride, to be be safe i always wear my bmw pro touring boots. i broke my ankle once when i laid down my first zuma. it fell on my ankle, and i walked on it for week. it wasnt getting any better so the dr xrayed it and found a hairline break.

if i had proper feet protection during that accident. i'm pretty sure i wouldnt have broken it

Wookie Ride '13 is gonna be awesome!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm getting progressively faster as time goes on and with over 100 miles on it the little thing realllllly takes off. My wife riding two up wasn't expecting it and couldn't stop laughing when we got off.

Reactions: Shoebacca78

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
boompats,

i think so too... with the reported 71mph earlier today... i will get it on video soon!

BTW, my grom is completely stock. Engine volume maybe louder since i have mounted to handlebar vs most people are helmet mounting their cameras.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts