Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's favorite subcage for reliability and looks. I've heard some pegs aren't really usable and some 12 o'clock bars cut you up pretty bad. Thank for all the info new to the GROM world but my big bike is an R1 at the moment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For the front cage, Kevtek (search on Facebook), easy.

For the subcage:
PSD - adjustable, pretty, $$$
C4 - only design that actually reinforces the subcage, requires rearsets too. Kinda ugly. $$$$
Kevtek - clean. Can choose between round/straight 12 bar + optional foot plate.
Zeus - high or low options to work with different exhausts. Awkward depending on style to use.

I keep it simple and just suggest Kevtek for everything. Cage, subcage, axle sliders.

If you go for any option other than C4 make sure you reinforce the subcage with steel bars or get reinforcement bars. Pretty easy to tweak the subcage without them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Brand new to sub cage scene. I did install the full Zeus-Armor kit. Not about to debate any form or function of the cage, however, they did send me some steel bars to run down the frame tubes under my seat. Not sure how much that supports anything, but it made me feel better.
I don't know how any of the cages compare to each other, but I like the look of mine which is why I ended up with Zeus.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What the heck is a subcage / cage? Does it have anything to do with riding a motorcycle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me and my buddies rock 402innovations.com they have 5 styles of Grom subcages. They also have a custom headlight that I’m looking at getting next. You can text him night or day super cool guy.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have a Zeus subcage with the low pegs on my SF, and HATE it. Its designed for OG with the narrow tail. On the SF, my calves hit the tail fairing so I have to bend my knees outwards make it work. Will be swapping out for a different design ASAP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What the heck is a subcage / cage? Does it have anything to do with riding a motorcycle?
A cage / subcage is small metal frame that you bolt on to the bike. The ‘main’ purpose is to protect the bike, for example around the engine from getting damaged if you go up a kerb or step. They can also prevent damage to the engine casing if you drop the bike. Some cages have bits that stick out that prevent the bodywork from touching the ground if you drop the bike.

A ‘stunt cage’ is one that has foot pegs and/or a step at the rear of the tail for doing wheelies / standup stunts or tricks on. Some cages have removable pegs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts