Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
I hope your comment is not an insult,, otherwise that's an asssshole comment and now i see why people don't like you.... all my post are just trying to help people from personal experience...
I never insult anyone your answer to his question is true, BBK has higher compression but not by much, Relax and never call me AH until you tell it to my face and I hope you get your BBK port/polish from BrianS

Ride Safe, People don't like me cause I speak the truth and don't hid behind what I say and most information are with pic.

Like I said ride safe, you have not met me so don't be a internet tough guy. I have answered all you PM questions about getting BrianS email address and stuff, be happy with that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You can put this extra piece on the kitaco cam like I do . But on the others I don't know

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just as everyone has said it's to decompress the cylinder during initial startup. It's more so in place due to the limitations of torque the stock starter can handle. You don't have to have it but it does ease some of the stress during cranking. Most of the aftermarket cams have the provisions for the mechanism. If you want to transfer it over it requires the cam bearing to be pressed off and then on again. Personally, I did not transfer it on mine but likely will when I go from the 164cc to the 181cc.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I didnt use it and it sounds like most people dont. My bike runs great hiw is that a MUST?
It's just less stress on the starter. You can't use it with regrind cams at all, it's not really a must and it doesn't affect anything except starting. If your starter is working fine then I wouldn't pull it apart to add that thing. My XR650R doesn't have one either, just means you can't mess up starting procedure or the kicker will try to snap your leg in half.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had a BSA Shooting Star 441cc single, It had a compression release (manual). I never used it.
I just installed the Kitaco type 1 cam without it, didn't notice any difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's just less stress on the starter. You can't use it with regrind cams at all, it's not really a must and it doesn't affect anything except starting. If your starter is working fine then I wouldn't pull it apart to add that thing. My XR650R doesn't have one either, just means you can't mess up starting procedure or the kicker will try to snap your leg in half.
My mechanic pressed the mechanism onto the Tb cam which is based off a regrind do you know if this will affect anything or cause damage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just as everyone has said it's to decompress the cylinder during initial startup. It's more so in place due to the limitations of torque the stock starter can handle. You don't have to have it but it does ease some of the stress during cranking. Most of the aftermarket cams have the provisions for the mechanism. If you want to transfer it over it requires the cam bearing to be pressed off and then on again. Personally, I did not transfer it on mine but likely will when I go from the 164cc to the 181cc.
The Tb cam says not for use with the stock decompression mechanism but my mechanic pressed it on without knowing because he saw the marks for it do you think this will cause an issue for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts