Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Is that held on with adhesive?

Edit: It is! Interesting. Now if only they made one for the back that would come off from the chain guard.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
How did i not see this before? Im probably going to have to get one of these now.

For people in the US, Fenda Extenda Honda Grom 2013-2014 - RevZilla
Description says you need to drill 4 holes, but id assume thats just a generic one used on all versions of it.
When I looked these up for the GROM they were held on with double sided tape, so you're probably correct.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Actually I bought mine a few years ago and they included double sided tape as well as 4 plastic push rivets necessitating the four holes. I am also curious as to why they discontinued including the mounting hardware. Perhaps some Grommers mounted oversized front tires (such as the Dunlop tt93) causing the push rivets to wear against the tire and thus creating a less than ideal situation.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've got one on mine (UK) and i love it. i often play in the mud so it keeps most of the crap off the engine and keeps it clean :)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
yup ive had mine on a few years, love it. has the rivets as well. def keeps the shit off the motor. should be on from the factory

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just purchased one of these. On Pyramid's website they explain that they switched to a stick fit design because they got feedback that the rivets didn't look good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The one I ordered was apparently the 'old version'.

I wasn't concerned with drilling as I do have a spare front fender and I do not think it looks bad at all with the push rivets, and I actually like rivets... They are plastic but they had some nice power snap and snugged the edges together a lot better then adhesive tape would get.

I also installed a rear mud guard at the same time and I think the combination works great in the snow melt water I have been riding through lately!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, I didn't mind the look of the rivets, and I couldn't imagine the tape being as secure, but I guess it will do the job. I'm assuming I got the tape one, because that's what it said on eBay, but we'll see.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It calls for a 4mm bit, but I didn't have metric. A 5/32 was close enough. I had to drill a small pilot hole first, especially because I have a cheapo single-speed drill.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts