Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

i didnt really find an topic about this, so thats why im trying to clear it out in here!
I'm wondering what the impressions are of the headlights? Since we have the 'projector' style headlights and you guys have a different one, i wanne know.. once and for all which you guys think is best, nicest, ...

Ill start off.. I know there has been allot of talking about this matter, i know Composimo has been talking about the 'projector' style one and its cutoff.
For me personally im liking the 'look' and design of the projector one (more then i do of the US version one).. for me coming from the little round lights that i had on my monkey bike the difference is as day and night.

I made some pictures of the 'cutoff' that the headlight is giving:
2013-08-12 07.36.34.jpg 2013-08-12 07.36.52.jpg 2013-08-12 07.37.07.jpg

fact is that when you are driving at night, and you have too corner, the horizontal line sinks away.. giving you a part that isnt lighted as good as the other parts.
EU headlight.jpg
For me personally it doesn't give any problem because Belgium is of the most lighted countries out there.. but pitchblack areas can be a problem. i did not drive in pitch dark areas yet so i cant really tell how disturbing this is, but when i do you guys will hear about it

europe_from_space-dedbb.jpg
(Belgium is the bright thing next to England)

Greetings,

Jannes

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I like the look of the projector a lot more but I would have to see what the output is and compare the two.
So do I, if I would see pictures of the grom without knowing there is an msx version I would say nice, I'm having one. but knowing that there is the msx version aswell.. I would not wanne swap to the US version!

the US one, idk what it is but it makes me think of the daft punk helmet lol!
Free-Daft-Punk-HD-Wallpapers.jpg
or some other marvel comic, cant find the name..

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I really loved the look of the projector until I saw it was just a shield ahead of the bulb an thought it was a bit tacky, then realized about the cut off line and cornering.. There are some very dark country areas around me so ill be the asshole with an HID in a scatter headlamp but I bet traffic will see me coming and that's what matters most to me

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
i know of a perfect road to test this on tonight. they are doing construction on a 4-6 lane street and there are virtually no street lamps on. It was very scary riding on the street with a stock single lamp zuma going 40 mph.

I couldn't see crap! I may need to wear my gopro and post a video for everyone....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know of a perfect road to test this on tonight. they are doing construction on a 4-6 lane street and there are virtually no street lamps on. It was very scary riding on the street with a stock single lamp zuma going 40 mph.

I couldn't see crap! I may need to wear my gopro and post a video for everyone....
That would be awesome! Please do if you can! Imma need to buy a gopro too i guess xD

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
The service manual doesn't mention what kind of bulb it uses beyond 12 volt with 35 watt high and low beam. The brand of headlight doesn't matter, I would be sure not to use one with a larger current draw than 35 watts for either beam.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Please do not do an HID upgrade in the reflector housing. HIDs need a proper housing made for an HID to produce good light output and not blind other drivers.
I've used HID on both of my motorcycles, 99 Hayabusa, 99 ZX6R, no problems,
I'll be using HID on my GROM and posting the results here

·
Registered
530 Posts
FYI, HID in bikes is, as Sir Charles Barkley says "turrrible". Looks like shit and produces light like shit. Get yourself a good Silverstar ZXE bulb and enjoy your ride and people not flipping you off =)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts