Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I had a bit of an issue today while doing an oil change on my grom. I was cleaning out the oil spinner and as I put the right engine case back on and was tightening the bolts I overtightened one and it snapped, about half of it is stuck in the hole still. It’s on the right bottom corner and I’m not sure what to do, is it fine if I just leave it and not have to deal with the pain of getting it out, I ride it a little and so far no oil leak

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Try the end of a pencil eraser to unscrew it. Seriously.

If that doesn't work, you can again remove the clutch cover, and use a pair of pliers to extract the bolt. I do not suggest riding around with one of the bolts missing.

·
Registered
611 Posts
everything OpusNectar said above, if that don't work get yourself an ez out bit set. It shouldn't be hard to get the bolt out as it shouldn't be bottomed out in the case and with the head broken off the torque should be minimum.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I ignored it. The case is super duper tight on there - not even a hint of leak after a few years. I'll eventually fix it, but it's not hurting a thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts