Honda Grom banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my Grom with a build update with pix, if you have any questions or comments please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
oooooh....

how do u like the mirrors, yss shock( which one did u get), are those new foot pegs?, and ow do u like the projector headlight?

did u ride it much before u installed it all? can u tell us how things compare from stock vs modded?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Damn that's a very good looking grom! great job! beam is personal @ Bleu.. I don't have any problems with it, highbeam solves the tilting in corners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oooooh....

how do u like the mirrors, yss shock( which one did u get), are those new foot pegs?, and ow do u like the projector headlight?

did u ride it much before u installed it all? can u tell us how things compare from stock vs modded?
Can see very well with the mirrors and the YSS shock is a dramatic improvement over the stock, especially over dips and bumps it does not feel like the bike wants to throw me off anymore with the YSS going through dips, bumps railroad tracks etc... The headlight's looks awesome but light output sucks, maybe that I need to just adjust the light some, will try that later tonight .

·
Registered
231 Posts
I like the YSS shock. I haven't tried mine out yet. That's on the list for tomorrow. I have the sliders. Does it seem like those things will just disintegrate if you go down. I'm still going to install them, but I don't know how well they would hold up. :question:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What up Tony? They shock is a definite improvement, the sliders look like they may hold up to a fall but I think they're more for show? I did see that you had installed it on your bike, your bikes looking really sharp!

·
Registered
231 Posts
What up Tony? They shock is a definite improvement, the sliders look like they may hold up to a fall but I think they're more for show? I did see that you had installed it on your bike, your bikes looking really sharp!
Thanks for the compliment. This bike is really fun to work on. I have some great Delrin sliders on my Versys. I'm going to contact the company and see if something from them might work. I agree, that they look more for show. I was hoping the shock would be good. I'm glad I got it. :smile:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Whoa wait guys, the H2C axle sliders don't look strong enough? I was planning on getting those...maybe not.

How exactly do they mount up? Should I be looking for hollow axles instead and go for a supermoto style through axle set of sliders?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Whoa wait guys, the H2C axle sliders don't look strong enough? I was planning on getting those...maybe not.

How exactly do they mount up? Should I be looking for hollow axles instead and go for a supermoto style through axle set of sliders?
The axles are quite small so probably hollow is not an option?

they fit under the head of the bolt and under the nut

the delrin part screws onto the aluminium

they would hold up for a drop or low speed drop - but nothing serious

1 - 19 of 19 Posts