Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my ebay belly pan in last week, and CSanter wanted to get some info and pics on it. The belly pan was about $160 with shipping and took about 3-4 weeks to get to hawaii. I had emailed the seller about the color choice and seeing if it came with mounting brackets and bolts before purchasing. The seller said he could paint it any color of your choice, and he also provides the mounting material (that was a plus) The first thing I had noticed was that its made out of fiberglass (I had assumed that it was made out of plastic) It feels pretty sturdy for the most part, but not sure how it will hold up on the road with rocks and other stuff kicking up. I would give his paint job (if he did paint it) a 9 out of 10 there was some minor scuffs and scratches. Thats pretty much all I can say for now until I can road test this bad boy. If you have any other questions just ask, I will try to answer the best I can. Heres some pics in the mean time.
IMG_5082.jpg IMG_5083.jpg IMG_5084.jpg IMG_5085.jpg IMG_5086.jpg IMG_5087.jpg IMG_5088.jpg

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice grab, hifixed! I have been considering this bellypan myself. The pics on Ebay show blue mounting bolts. Are the colors on these bolts optional as well (black, gold, etc.)? And also, what does the "mounting material" consist of? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
That one looks good. Not all of them do. I can't wait to see a photo of it mounted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice grab, hifixed! I have been considering this bellypan myself. The pics on Ebay show blue mounting bolts. Are the colors on these bolts optional as well (black, gold, etc.)? And also, what does the "mounting material" consist of? Thanks.
The seller kingkongsoap didnt say anything on mounting bracket and bolt colors. It consists of 4 different lengths of bolts, 3 tubular spacers that the bolts go through, and a straight Z shaped bracket. Its shown in one of the pics, but not sure if you can see it. I will post up a pic of the brackets asap! An about the oil drain plug.. I want to say that it doesnt block it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
So in other words, did you order the mounting materials in the color black? And thank you so much for your time and effort. Finally, a worthwhile thread.

·
Registered
67 Posts
thanks for the information, and all the pictures. I think the fiberglass should be fine, as long as you are not picking up rocks larger than a tennis ball (which should be easy enough to see on the road while riding). looks good, I will go ahead and order from him now.

·
Registered
475 Posts
so sexy... I love it. Can't wait to see it on your Grom...might have to order one myself.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks for posting pictures. I kinda held back from ordering one cause the seller didn't have that many detailed pictures on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So in other words, did you order the mounting materials in the color black? And thank you so much for your time and effort. Finally, a worthwhile thread.
No, the seller just sent me black. And no prob man, any way to help out!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the information, and all the pictures. I think the fiberglass should be fine, as long as you are not picking up rocks larger than a tennis ball (which should be easy enough to see on the road while riding). looks good, I will go ahead and order from him now.
Yw! Yeah figured it could take a little beating. Do it! I think every grom need one of these and its worth the $$$!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Did it come with install instructions?

·
Registered
335 Posts
By the way, hifixed, how long did it take for yours to arrive? Because at this early stage, I'm half afraid someone else might build one and send it quicker...it pretty much depends on how long it will take me to get mine from Thailand...Thank you for your attention.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By the way, hifixed, how long did it take for yours to arrive? Because at this early stage, I'm half afraid someone else might build one and send it quicker...it pretty much depends on how long it will take me to get mine from Thailand...Thank you for your attention.
Took about 3-4 weeks to ship to hawaii. When are you expecting your grom? If around 3 weeks to a month, I would think about buying it asap!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts