Honda Grom banner

421 - 432 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
It is in the rear and will pop out under the frame in the middle of the bike near the rear shock. If you order from Steady Garage for a little more money they will put weld a new one up near the head. I'm running mine in the rear for now and haven't had any issues, but have plans to weld in a new bung next time I remove the header, mainly because the wire that molds into the sensor itself is so damn close to the frame, I don't want it rubbing from vibrations..

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Does anyone know if the bung that comes on the Hindle full system is already in the correct location for the WB2 oxygen sensor?

Correct. It comes with a bung welded on, and works great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just did a Take 181 kit with cam and PCV WB2 combo with the correct map. Reset ECU and TPS. I am assuming its running like shit for the first two rides because the ECU is re-learning the parts? Also after each ride I plugged it in to try and accept autotune trims. But every time I go into that option there is no trim tables to be found. I wonder if my autotune on my WB2 is working... thoughts?

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Just did a Take 181 kit with cam and PCV WB2 combo with the correct map. Reset ECU and TPS. I am assuming its running like shit for the first two rides because the ECU is re-learning the parts? Also after each ride I plugged it in to try and accept autotune trims. But every time I go into that option there is no trim tables to be found. I wonder if my autotune on my WB2 is working... thoughts?

Did you purchase this from us ?

·
Registered
23 Posts

Did you purchase this from us ?

The PCV and WB2 was purchased from you by my friend. He gave it to me after he sold his Grom. I am waiting for my AFR gauge order from your shop to monitor my afr while riding to see if everything is kosher. I am just a bit stumped by the autotune feature.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
The PCV and WB2 was purchased from you by my friend. He gave it to me after he sold his Grom. I am waiting for my AFR gauge order from your shop to monitor my afr while riding to see if everything is kosher. I am just a bit stumped by the autotune feature.

If you can get us some more information, we may be able to get you resolved.

Please send our sales. dept an email with your Buddies name and details so they can look up his account and confirm what all we sold him, make sure we are on the same page.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Installing: PCV and WB2
For the life of me, I'm not able to plug the white or grey wires into the wb2. Tried unscrewing the little port screw, insert the wire, then tighten the screw... wire falls out.

White/blue wire - The manual says that this needs to be connected to the negative side of the ignition coil. This would provide the WB2 module with an engine RPM reading. You do NOT need to connect this wire in this fashion if you are using the WB2 in conjunction with a Power Commander V. The PCV will provide this information to the WB2 via the CAN bus cable that connects the two units.
Grey wire - The manual says that this needs to be connected to the variable 0-5V lead from the throttle position sensor (TPS). This would provide the WB2 module with a throttle position reading (from 0% to 100% via a 0V to 5V range, 0V being 0% open and 5V being 100% open). You do NOT need to connect this wire in this fashion if you are using the WB2 in conjunction with a Power Commander V. The PCV will provide this information to the WB2 via the CAN bus cable that connects the two units.
Going off of this info the wires are not actually needed?

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Did you watch our Youtube INSTALL Video ?

it walks you through the Install and explains all the wires as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
anyone else have USB issues when trying to connect to the pvc5?
this morning I was able to connect without issue, then every time after, Win10 is giving me a USB error.
i've tried 2 different laptops and 3 different cables.

421 - 432 of 432 Posts