Honda Grom banner

361 - 380 of 427 Posts

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
The injector is the problem.

I figured an ECU reset would compensate for the larger injector, but apparently it does not.

Back to the stock injector until I get a camshaft. Now I'm idling fine, around 12.5.

So, the moral of the story is, I'm an idiot.

LOL... no no.
Everyone has to learn.

We aren't born with all the knowledge. ;-)

·
Registered
325 Posts

You dont have to.

But, make sure your map doesn't have a lot of Ignition advance....... or you may get knocking with 86/87 octane.

FYI... ALL of the Dynojet maps, are made using PREMIUM Fuel, so they can get the most Ign. Adv. and power out of the bike.

Can we delete out the ignition advance and PCV /WB2 will rebuild/tune?

Using 95 octane which could be ultra pure (in Saudi) and bike is running way rich and not learning....

It would be useful, if when setting <80% columns, that the PCV would still populate the fuel tables so we could monitor what changes are being made to the closed loop, if any.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I finally got my 143 takegawa together and I'm having a little trouble getting it to run correctly. It idles fine but once I try to get it to maintain revs for an extended period of time, it tries to die. Standing in my driveway, I revved it to 4000 and held it. After 10-15 seconds, it slowly bogged down to 1000 then died. When I'm riding it, it's basically the same but the tire is keeping the motor turning. I get good acceleration but it'll go into a bog cycle for 1 or 2 seconds and it sounds like I don't know how to ride. I did the ECU reset and I'm still having the same issue.

Update 3/31 I've done 150 miles or so now and the bike runs great! My biggest problem at the moment is how bad it bogs down when I take off at lower throttle %. Riding into the wind is great, trying to maintain the speed limit with the wind at my back is a task. It seems to run better when it's pulling some resistance. Got the gauge from DJ today but couldn't get it to respond when I plugged it into the WB2. Is there a gauge enable toggle in the PCV program?

Update 4/7 Up to 400 miles. I had the final preset selected in the maps provided by DJ with the pod filter and exhaust. I guess the ignition advance was hurting me at lower throttle position, it was great up top though. I took it all out and it could maintain fine with or without wind. I went up from a 14 to a 16 tooth front sprocket after work today. It feels pretty good down low but I will tweak with timing more this weekend. Can that PCV software be loaded by just any USB tablet?

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts

Only PC, as far as we know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a bit of a problem with my PCV/WB2, I put a pcx 150 injector in yesterday and have ridden it to work and back today, plugged my laptop in to accept any trims which seemed to go ok. Started the bike to check the afr and it's showing as 655.35 and only drops to about 400 after running it for a while and blipping the throttle. Anyone else have this problem? It worked fine last time I checked but that was a while ago.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I have a bit of a problem with my PCV/WB2, I put a pcx 150 injector in yesterday and have ridden it to work and back today, plugged my laptop in to accept any trims which seemed to go ok. Started the bike to check the afr and it's showing as 655.35 and only drops to about 400 after running it for a while and blipping the throttle. Anyone else have this problem? It worked fine last time I checked but that was a while ago.
where did you place your bung on your exhaust pipe?

Accept all trims, after accepting all trims I believe you have to send the map to the PCV so it will store the new settings.

What I do is accept trims, then I save the map which has the new trims then I send it to the PCV.

Do you have any pic of the bung location on the exhaust pipe and at what angle have you welded it onto the pipe.

Clear and reset ECM, reset TPS, check your map than ride around and see if you have any problems or not.

Check your WB02 sensor to make sure it is not carbon filled and dirty, if so clean the sensor tip.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
might just have a bad sensor, or dirty as cisco states. address that 1st before you reset anything. saw a bad o2 sensor at shop i helped out recently that read the afr when it was in cold mode, then read '0' the rest of the time. new sensor fixed it. btw, they CAN be cleaned, use chlorinated brake cleaner down int eh holes (watch your eyes with sprayback) than dry with an airgun before you reinstall.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ok, bit more info, I've cleaned the o2 sensor with an old toothbrush and tried the butane test as advised by a Dynojet techy which makes it go from the approx 20 afr for fresh air to 9.99 as it should. I'd already reset the ecu and tps so know it's not that, I've updated the firmware to make sure the pcv is on the latest version. The bung is welded at around 45 degrees just in front of where the bottom half of the engine meets the cylinder. Here's a link to a video showing what's happening.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
thats crazy. and the o2 sensor showed ok? id check the setting int he pcv software... and maybe reinstall the power commander software on your computer. thats a crazy readout. id also check all your grounds and connections. as said, still might be a bad 02

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Ok, bit more info, I've cleaned the o2 sensor with an old toothbrush and tried the butane test as advised by a Dynojet techy which makes it go from the approx 20 afr for fresh air to 9.99 as it should. I'd already reset the ecu and tps so know it's not that, I've updated the firmware to make sure the pcv is on the latest version. The bung is welded at around 45 degrees just in front of where the bottom half of the engine meets the cylinder. Here's a link to a video showing what's happening.

go to O'Rielly Auto store and get a Subaru 02 sensor for a 2003 car, it should be a bosch p/n 17018.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/search?q=Bosch+17018

These are $65 at autozone also.

the reason why you want to buy from O'Reilly is that if it does not work you can return it and get your money back, just don't tell them you are using it on a grom or motorcycle.

If same problem after replacing 02 sensor, I say your PCV went bad. Did your problem happen before the firmware update or after the update?

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
go to O'Rielly Auto store and get a Subaru 02 sensor for a 2003 car, it should be a bosch p/n 17018.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/search?q=Bosch+17018

These are $65 at autozone also.

the reason why you want to buy from O'Reilly is that if it does not work you can return it and get your money back, just don't tell them you are using it on a grom or motorcycle.

If same problem after replacing 02 sensor, I say your PCV went bad. Did your problem happen before the firmware update or after the update?

^^^^
what he said
except most likely would not be the PCV as that does not make changes on the lower close loop .
it would have to be the WBC2 ... if the o2 sensor change did not make a difference .

also double check all your wires
and of course confirm your greenlight on the wideband is staying solid and not flashing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wish I could just pop into that store but unfortunately I'm I the UK and they're around £90 ($115?) minimum over here?!? Wouldn't cost me much more to buy a whole WB2 unit with the o2 sensor included!

The problem was the same before I did the firmware update, it was the problem that prompted me to update the firmware to see if that helped, it didn't. Seems strange how it reads fresh air and butane but as soon as the bike starts it hits 655.35.

I'm going to spend some time on it tomorrow before the F1 but I've done a short commute on it this morning with no real issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Wish I could just pop into that store but unfortunately I'm I the UK and they're around £90 ($115?) minimum over here?!? Wouldn't cost me much more to buy a whole WB2 unit with the o2 sensor included!

The problem was the same before I did the firmware update, it was the problem that prompted me to update the firmware to see if that helped, it didn't. Seems strange how it reads fresh air and butane but as soon as the bike starts it hits 655.35.

I'm going to spend some time on it tomorrow before the F1 but I've done a short commute on it this morning with no real issues.

Find someone in the UK that has a PCV for your MSX-125/Grom and see if you can swap out the unit with theirs just to test. I'm lucky I have 2 groms with almost the same hardware except for BBK and when I had problems with my PCV or WB02 I did a swap with both groms and narrowed down my problem to a WB02 unit

·
Registered
65 Posts
Find someone in the UK that has a PCV for your MSX-125/Grom and see if you can swap out the unit with theirs just to test. I'm lucky I have 2 groms with almost the same hardware except for BBK and when I had problems with my PCV or WB02 I did a swap with both groms and narrowed down my problem to a WB02 unit
I suspect it is the sensor that's gone, it seems to stop working when it's heated up. Took it out of the pipe so it was in fresh air and it worked fine with the bike switched on but not running at first but once the sensor heats up it shows 655.35. If I then put butane under it, it goes to 9.99 and when you take the butane away it goes back to 655.35. I then let it cool down and tested it again, fine when cool but as soon as it heats up it shoots back up to 655.35.

I've taken it off for now until I can source a new sensor for a decent price. For anyone that says the wb2 makes no difference I can safely say it seems to have lost a lot of power now it just has the pcv.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I suspect it is the sensor that's gone, it seems to stop working when it's heated up. Took it out of the pipe so it was in fresh air and it worked fine with the bike switched on but not running at first but once the sensor heats up it shows 655.35. If I then put butane under it, it goes to 9.99 and when you take the butane away it goes back to 655.35. I then let it cool down and tested it again, fine when cool but as soon as it heats up it shoots back up to 655.35.

I've taken it off for now until I can source a new sensor for a decent price. For anyone that says the wb2 makes no difference I can safely say it seems to have lost a lot of power now it just has the pcv.
That is how it is supposed to work initially. It sounds like the auto tune is waiting to work but a setting is not correct.

Go to power commander tools
Configure
Setup
Make sure auto tune is ticked
Configure
Make sure the first 2 are unticked
Save that

Go to afr table and any block with 0 in, it will not try to tune or show the afr

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey there! I have my PCV and WB2 installed...working great! But I can't help but think how much more user-friendly and valuable this software and unit could be if there was an app for IOS or Android to work with it. It would be much easier to just plug a phone/tablet into it and load maps/alter programming. Anyone know if Dynojet is working on something like this?
Cheers!
Stephen

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
Hey there! I have my PCV and WB2 installed...working great! But I can't help but think how much more user-friendly and valuable this software and unit could be if there was an app for IOS or Android to work with it. It would be much easier to just plug a phone/tablet into it and load maps/alter programming. Anyone know if Dynojet is working on something like this?
Cheers!
Stephen

Like this ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sicko! I wonder if they're working on an IOS version--lots of I-phones out there these days....Including mine :)
S

·
Registered
65 Posts

Problem solved, new sensor and it's working as it should again.

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
Problem solved, new sensor and it's working as it should again.

That's great news.

361 - 380 of 427 Posts