Honda Grom banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #181

Error 206 is caused when you attempt to do a read of the stock ECU which is not available on the Honda’s

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 2017 model. When I uploaded the TXT file to the dynojet website it only gave me access to 10 compatible tunes. Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have a 2017 model. When I uploaded the TXT file to the dynojet website it only gave me access to 10 compatible tunes. Does that sound about right?
Yes.

You can view the tunes on your PV3 or in the Power Core Software and they'll tell you which exhaust, intake and cam they were designed for.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #184

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
. .

Most everything to do with CL fuel control (Feedback Fuel). Also, to add to your library of terms; templates are definitions used by C3 to put the binary image from the ECU into a useable format for guys like you and I. Things like table size, data type, scaling etc etc have to be “discovered” in order get defined. If it wasn’t for these we would all be using a hex editor or WinOLS and that would suck.

Also in regards to your questions about tune revisions. C3 doesn’t let you know about tune revisions. It will only let you know about application updates and template updates.

Dynojet is adding support for more stuff in the Honda domain. Currently you can flash tune H-D, Indian, BRP (Can-Am, Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo) Polaris, Yamaha. Within that spectrum there are about 250 templates. Assuming you tinker with all those brands.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just installed the WBCX. How do you get the PV3 to display the AFR?

Get the latest firmware installed in the PV3. Assuming everything is installed properly, you should then be able to assign a channel (in this case AFR) to a gauge on the PV3. Go to Device Tools > Configure Gauges > Select a Screen > Select a Channel

·
Registered
793 Posts
Get the latest firmware installed in the PV3. Assuming everything is installed properly, you should then be able to assign a channel (in this case AFR) to a gauge on the PV3. Go to Device Tools > Configure Gauges > Select a Screen > Select a Channel
Thank you. I got it. I'm not sure why I didn't see the AFR gauge last night.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just installed my WBCX on my 2014 grom with PV3. I am running the takegawa 181 BBK with the stock head and am using tune file for 160115 ( I believe its for TB parts 186 BBK). My air/ fuel reading have been in the 14's... How do I make adjustments to get in the 12's as hardracing recommends? I am still breaking in the motor as I only have about 30 miles since the BBK but I am worried about burning up another piston, lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I have exhausted my support from DJ just getting the tune file installed, lol.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I just installed my WBCX on my 2014 grom with PV3. I am running the takegawa 181 BBK with the stock head and am using tune file for 160115 ( I believe its for TB parts 186 BBK). My air/ fuel reading have been in the 14's... How do I make adjustments to get in the 12's as hardracing recommends? I am still breaking in the motor as I only have about 30 miles since the BBK but I am worried about burning up another piston, lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I have exhausted my support from DJ just getting the tune file installed, lol.

They've been discussing the WBCX in depth on this thread. >> WBCX <<

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello all

1)So has anyone used this to tune the 7k+ RPM power fade? If power were to just hold peak to redline instead of drop off, it would be a huge improvement.
2)Anyone got any dyno sheets on their results of tuning using the PV3?
3)Are there tuning files for the Takegawa 181 BBK w/cam? I haven't seen any yet to my surprise.

I have 4 groms of various years with identical mods, if this can fix the 7k+ power fade, Im in!

HR, you guys got maps for the Takegawa 181 BBK w/cam and full exhaust?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is there a spot on this forum where we can swap PV3 tunes?

I just got a kitaco type 2 cam and wanna if any other PV3 users have a tune for it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Is there a spot on this forum where we can swap PV3 tunes?

I just got a kitaco type 2 cam and wanna if any other PV3 users have a tune for it

Just request a map and state your hardware you have on your grom and someone can PM you and get your email address and than they can send you a map that might be close to your hardware.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just request a map and state your hardware you have on your grom and someone can PM you and get your email address and than they can send you a map that might be close to your hardware.
Cheers mate. My engine mods are chimera intake, aodonly full exhaust, pcx Injector, and a kitaco type 2 cam. Shouldn't affect the map, but I also have a kitaco clutch cover and CPR7EA-9 plug.

If anyone has a similar setup, can they send me their map djt and stk files?

181 - 194 of 194 Posts