Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

After much wait....... it's finally coming.

The Dyno Jet Power Vision 3 for the Honda Grom.

It will allow you to reflash the Stock ECU.
PV3-16-01

>> POWER VISION 3 <<

DEVICE FEATURES:
-Flash ECU via vehicle diagnostic connector, no need to open or remove ECU from the vehicle
-Read original tune via diagnostic connector — allows you to restore ECU at anytime
-Display and/or log vehicle data channels in real-time
-“Hindsight” feature captures the last 2 minutes of data with the touch of a button
-Weather resistant for use in all conditions

PERFORMANCE TUNE FEATURES:
-Support for popular aftermarket performance parts
-Fueling revised for maximum power and torque
-Spark timing optimized for pump or race gas
-Rev & speed limits raised
-Torque limiting functions reduced or eliminated
-Revised drive-by-wire throttle profiles

POWER VISION 3 VIDEO REVIEW and COMPARISON WITH PCV. ........ PV3-16-01 vs. 16-049 Pro's and Con's

The WBC2 for the PV3 .. or more clearly (WBCX Single Channel AFR Kit for Honda) has now been released.

We are just waiting for our shipment to arrive to our store.

>> WIDE BAND for the PV3 <<

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
I like to see a video on this product being installed on a grom and how to tune this unit for the best performance for the grom, showing baseline HP and than adding on the aftermarket hardware to see the gains in HP or Torque.

Would be nice if the video also gives info on what cc engine, what cam, what throttle body, what airbox, what F/I etc

Looking at the video for a Harley's Power vision, it looks like this unit might be married to your ECU so if you decide to use it on another unit you might have to buy a different lic from Dynojet, I might be wrong but this video shows what the Harley unit does.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Here is a taste of some of the tables defined in our tunes. We are in the process of developing more tunes at the moment but here is a link to what we have so far. Power Vision Product Details
View attachment 77806
I appreciate the work you've put into a unit like this, but I have a few questions:

1. Are users able to get the software to create their own tune to flash via PV3?
2. Are the ignition tables pre-defined, or are those adjustable as well?

Thank you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
This unit is like other units we developed as in it does marry to YOUR ECU. If you wanted to use it on another vehicle you could buy a tune license for it ($199) and it will allow you to tune another ECU. You can do this as many times as you like with 1 unit.

The software that we use to develop the tunes is available to the end user. You can download this for free at Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products. Go to downloads and then choose the PowerCore software. In this software you have full access to the fuel and Ignition tables.

We are working on a variant of the WB2 so that it will talk to the PV. With this you can go ride the vehicle while logging data (you hit a button on the PV to start/stop the log). With this log you will open Data Center in PowerCore and it will show you the AFR along with any other channels. The you use C3 to process this data. We have a feature in there called TuneLab. This will correct your AFR for you automatically based on the log. After a few rides and processing these logs you will have your own custom map.

As far as HP or gains there is not going to be any difference with this or a Power Commander when each is properly tuned. The PV however will allow your bike to run a bit more consistently for guys with extreme mods and for those that use a huge rev Xtend area.

·
Registered
508 Posts
This unit is like other units we developed as in it does marry to YOUR ECU. If you wanted to use it on another vehicle you could buy a tune license for it ($199) and it will allow you to tune another ECU. You can do this as many times as you like with 1 unit.

The software that we use to develop the tunes is available to the end user. You can download this for free at Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products. Go to downloads and then choose the PowerCore software. In this software you have full access to the fuel and Ignition tables.

We are working on a variant of the WB2 so that it will talk to the PV. With this you can go ride the vehicle while logging data (you hit a button on the PV to start/stop the log). With this log you will open Data Center in PowerCore and it will show you the AFR along with any other channels. The you use C3 to process this data. We have a feature in there called TuneLab. This will correct your AFR for you automatically based on the log. After a few rides and processing these logs you will have your own custom map.

As far as HP or gains there is not going to be any difference with this or a Power Commander when each is properly tuned. The PV however will allow your bike to run a bit more consistently for guys with extreme mods and for those that use a huge rev Xtend area.
Killer, thank you for answering these questions for me!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
to confirm, if you would like to tune another grom, you wold need another license? also, after you flash the ecu, the unit has to remain connected?

·
Registered
903 Posts

The Dyno Jet Power Vision 3 for the Honda Grom.

It will allow you to reflash the Stock ECU.
PV3-16-01

DEVICE FEATURES: -Read original tune via diagnostic connector.
Questions does this mean I can Import my current map that I created using the PCV to use, instead of DJ map download??? Please tell me YES!

So far looking at the Maps available their still shit, lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
to confirm, if you would like to tune another grom, you wold need another license? also, after you flash the ecu, the unit has to remain connected?
A license is needed for each ECU you want to tune. Once the tune or "flash" is in the ECU the display does NOT need to stay on the MC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Questions does this mean I can Import my current map that I created using the PCV to use, instead of DJ map download??? Please tell me YES!

So far looking at the Maps available their still shit, lol.
Not yet but we are looking into a PCV map import feature. We still have a long way to go for tune development, but we will get there!

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

Here's the Review of the PV3 and comparison to the PCV
A more indepth of, what's the differences, and pro's and con's

[video=youtube;smm3z_len44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qotglTBgsqc&feature=youtu.be"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qotglTBgsqc&feature=[/video]

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
For the price, this might be a good product for new grom owners who are thinking of upgrading their hardware such as BBK kit etc. Looks promising, Thanks for the Video and the price break looks reasonable and even with the extra lic you have to buy to fix/flash another grom ECM.

Just was wondering if you use it on two groms and buy a second lic will it be married to both groms and know which one it is plugged into and will continue doing it's flashing and will it retain any history on both groms so as when you continue mapping and adjusting it will remember and save changes per license?

·
Registered
151 Posts
For the price, this might be a good product for new grom owners who are thinking of upgrading their hardware such as BBK kit etc. Looks promising, Thanks for the Video and the price break looks reasonable and even with the extra lic you have to buy to fix/flash another grom ECM.

Just was wondering if you use it on two groms and buy a second lic will it be married to both groms and know which one it is plugged into and will continue doing it's flashing and will it retain any history on both groms so as when you continue mapping and adjusting it will remember and save changes per license?
Oh good question, Im interested in this as well. Also, any plans soon for say 170bbks that are fully bolted?

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Cisco,
That is exactly correct.
It data logs everything you do, everything you've done, what you've connected to....etc.
The files are kept separately per ECM unit , all within the PV3.

It's pretty slick like that.

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

We've been getting a lot of inquires, on what can you actually do with a Power Vision 3, PV3... so we made a video for more details:

·
Vendor
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Attachments

1 - 20 of 194 Posts