Honda Grom banner

141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Do you enjoy living in that area? Do you get to spend much time on the water?

You are about to break 1000 posts. You better get busy today! Only 7 more to go. Then you win a prize. Ok, maybe there is no prize.
Yes on the water every Sunday 7am to about 9:30/10am...

My only qualm with the area is the inconsiderate beach service to the locals, no matter how early you get out there no matter how far away they are before they get to you, they will post those fucking chairs and umbrellas right on top of you

"Fuck your six feet" lol

IMG_3806~2.jpg IMG_3805.jpg

Red circle is approximate to where they are setting up when we get there and this is what they do...

Cherry on the cake they have the nerve to ask you to move... When they rent the chairs.

Which they don't have the right to, so if you are a tourist who does not rent their chairs and umbrellas you don't know any better they always move, It's a public beach they can't make you do shit...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
You are about to break 1000 posts. You better get busy today! Only 7 more to go. Then you win a prize. Ok, maybe there is no prize.
port the intake port, port and polish the exhaust port, port match the I/D of the intake pipe and the exhaust pipe, open up the intake port to about 26-27mm and do the same for the inlet tube and plastic spacer and polish the inside of the inlet tube. Port the throttle body and polish the butter fly valve.

good luck and ride safe and ride it like you stole it.
port the intake port, port and polish the exhaust port, port match the I/D of the intake pipe and the exhaust pipe, open up the intake port to about 26-27mm and do the same for the inlet tube and plastic spacer and polish the inside of the inlet tube. Port the throttle body and polish the butter fly valve.

🤣🤣🤣 Done... Where is my Prize?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ehh, it says 996 posts...lol. No prize for you...

Yeah, that sounds like BS, the way the chair rental people are treating you.

I bet living in a tourist destination can drive you nuts at times. On one hand it feeds the local economy, provides jobs, etc., but on the other hand the place is overrun with people on vacation, who are not really thinking about the locals and are not always paying attention to how their actions affect others.

The last time I was there, I could tell some of the locals were about at the end of their rope while driving...lol. I can’t blame them one bit. It gets old, I’m sure.

Can you ride your Grom to the beach or is it not safe to leave it unattended?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Lol, welcome back! Oh wait....... wrong guy.........

Reactions: Phoenix and dubSolo

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Ehh, it says 996 posts...lol. No prize for you...

Can you ride your Grom to the beach or is it not safe to leave it unattended?
I live in Florida so I"ll have to Demand a recount,,, Says 997 for the last 8 post... (Edit: now says 998) Florida I tell you!

For the most part yeah can take my grom anywhere in town No Problem,,, Go 40 miles to the next town (P-cola) No... your shit is only safe if in a big group of parked bikes.

·
Registered
645 Posts
🤣🤣🤣 Done... Where is my Prize?
I live in Florida so I"ll have to Demand a recount,,, Says 997 for the last 8 post... (Edit: now says 998) Florida I tell you!

For the most part yeah can take my grom anywhere in town No Problem,,, Go 40 miles to the next town (P-cola) No... your shit is only safe if in a big group of parked bikes.
So close, do I need to ask what color your bike is to make it 999? You can save your 1000 for something special, but it better at least have a picture in it! Lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
You can save your 1000 for something special, but it better at least have a picture in it! Lol
Hahaha ya know me, My last post about Grom Next Ecu's had some pics lol (Screen shots).

Stumbled across this on my IG, I ordered the 2finger clutch and brake lever combo... This will be my 4th set of levers :unsure:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I would be happy to hear your feedback on levers, what you liked/disliked and why? They are on the horizon for me, after Gogrom finally gets the gold Enkei's back in stock.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Stumbled across this on my IG, I ordered the 2finger clutch and brake lever combo... This will be my 4th set of levers :unsure:
I’m interested to hear how you like those.

I put ASV F3 shorty levers on my bike a while back. I really like them. Surprisingly, more than I thought I would.

The cost is ridiculous though. I could care less about the warranty. I would rather they cost less.

I read too many bad reviews regarding poor fitment with the cheaper Amazon levers.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
I would be happy to hear your feedback on levers, what you liked/disliked and why?
I read too many bad reviews regarding poor fitment with the cheaper Amazon levers.
Ive had no real issue with inexpensive levers,,, But also its hit or miss when it comes to finding the right cheapy's, with that said I always once them over taking them apart and adding Blu-loctite

MZS: Not bad comes with washer to fill gap.

FXCNC: These fit and function better than the MZS,,, Clutch pull is smoother for some reason...

·
Registered
645 Posts

I put ASV F3 shorty levers on my bike a while back. I really like them. Surprisingly, more than I thought I would.

The cost is ridiculous though. I could care less about the warranty. I would rather they cost less.

Can you post a pic of the shorty ASV levers with your hand on the bar? Wanna see how many fingers stay on the bar and potential pinch points.

@Upgrayedd .....future hand model.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hammerhead from Mnnthbx
How do you like this shifter? Does it seem to shift fine? Some people report good luck and some report bad when moving to direct shifter and getting rid of the linkage.... But the linkage is a PITA as far as I'm concerned.

Yosh1 cam hit me up, it's a little beast.
Still have it?

So I'm never gonna bump my rev limiter pas 9600. I take it this cam rides great till then? I really want a good overall cam and not a top end only screamer. Really want one of these, was hoping the Koso was similar, but you made it sound like it was weak sauce compared to the ST-M1

Where did you get all that hardware at? Engine case bolts and peep covers? Also, what counter sprocket guard is that?

Chain?

very sticky esp compared to stock and really liking the height
100/90 front - 120/80 rear
How have those ridden for you so far? Did they throw your speedo off?

One last question, your Trail Tech gauge, so it's a cylinder temp ( I assume spark plug washer/ring ) what temps does it read and where do you feel is the danger zone for that... Currently trying to find a solution because I don't want to ride around with my phone on my bars all the time to see what my Aracer is reporting...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
How do you like this shifter? Does it seem to shift fine? Some people report good luck and some report bad when moving to direct shifter and getting rid of the linkage.... But the linkage is a PITA as far as I'm concerned.

Did the linkage mod switched that out for Ims Flightline lever switched that out for the Hammerhead.
I love it, Its all in the correct pitch angle when you mount it... Which will be different for everyone based on shoe size.

Still have it?
So I'm never gonna bump my rev limiter pas 9600. I take it this cam rides great till then? I really want a good overall cam and not a top end only screamer. Really want one of these, was hoping the Koso was similar, but you made it sound like it was weak sauce compared to the ST-M1

No it sold fairly quick,,, ST-M1 is strong all the way 10250+ rpm with plenty of steam.
Yes did not care for Koso cam for what I lost up top (Weakness up there) was not worth the little gain down low.

Where did you get all that hardware at? Engine case bolts and peep covers? Also, what counter sprocket guard is that?

Local supply store Fastenal all stainless,,, iircc four different lenghts all the same size, HR for the covers.
Sprocket cover came from Aliexpress, which I had to flip to clear direct shifter.

Chain?

How have those ridden for you so far? Did they throw your speedo off?

They are great maybe have around 500 miles so far, havent notice any difference in my speedo but i also run min psi.

One last question, your Trail Tech gauge, so it's a cylinder temp ( I assume spark plug washer/ring ) what temps does it read and where do you feel is the danger zone for that... Currently trying to find a solution because I don't want to ride around with my phone on my bars all the time to see what my Aracer is reporting...

Temps hover around 348 / 365deg on average, when pushing hard highest Ive seen so far is 394deg without oil cooler... Staying under 400deg is my goal

141 - 160 of 171 Posts