Honda Grom banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Is your bike quite a bit louder?

I bet the Kitaco bracket supports the side panels just like the stock airbox does.

Does the aRacer Sport D replace the aRacer DG1?
Bike isn't to much louder.

Yes bracket supports the side panels just like stock and is very stout. Im glad I caved and went with this cooler bracket combo...

The SportD doesn't replace the DG1 but like 3sexy5u was saying possibly an upgrade to the cube.

dubSolo, are you still running the charcoal canister?
Yes... See no point in removing unless I needed the space for additional mods.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Like this, but available in a few different colors.
Yep. Mine is like that one. It is black though. I thought it would eliminate some more weight and complexity. It all adds up.

·
Registered
539 Posts
dubSolo, did I miss where you installed your 170 BBK kit or have you not done that yet?

Also, this thread says “rebuild“. Did something happen to your bike in the past? I thought I remember reading about a cracked frame, maybe?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Have not installed yet,,, Wanting to cerakote the jug but havent gotten around to dropping it off, the shop is a good 45mins to an hour from me.

My little 125 is running strong, havent had any real encouragement to get done right away... Hopefully soon though

re-Build due to crack frame...

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
988 Posts
I like that! Future upgrade when I quit bleeding money, lol.

Reactions: dubSolo

·
Registered
539 Posts
Replaced the red banjo bolts on kitaco cover and stock to stainless... Clean & Simple
Those look great. I like the fact that stainless doesn’t get as mashed up as aluminum when you tighten them.

Red anodizing typically sucks. It looks great when new, but fades quickly. Usually ends up looking pinkish.

I had a pair of bicycle hubs that were red anodized, but they were clear coated. They held up great. The clear coat may have even been tinted red.

It is interesting that you posted this. I was just looking at the two red banjo bolts on my Kitaco clutch cover. They are several shades lighter than the newer red banjo bolts on my Kitaco oil cooler. I have been considering replacing them all with silver aluminum bolts. I almost exclusively purchase aluminum parts in silver. My new Spiegler brake lines, I went with silver aluminum banjos and bolts.

What oil cooler lines are those? I might need to make mine longer.

Where was that rusty banjo bolt mounted?

Reactions: 50-50

·
Registered
539 Posts
you can just strip anodizing with lye, I throw my stuff in a water bath of draino crystals and bling fresh Al oo minium
Thanks. Good tip. Maybe, I will just strip my banjo bolts sometime. The red will look like crap at some point.

I guess there is such a thing as silver anodizing or clear anodizing that looks silver, but prevents tarnishing?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Those look great. I like the fact that stainless doesn’t get as mashed up as aluminum when you tighten them.

Red anodizing typically sucks. It looks great when new, but fades quickly. Usually ends up looking pinkish.

What oil cooler lines are those? I might need to make mine longer.

Where was that rusty banjo bolt mounted?
Yeah the aluminum feel like they will strip before you get to torque spec and the pink it turns is yuck...

The oil cooler lines came with the drow kit one 4ft long hose you cut to lengths needed.

I live about two blocks from the beach my grom is garage kept with cover,,, All four banjo bolts have surface rust.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
988 Posts
Look's awesome, glad you posted these after I installed mine. Else I would have been tempted to shine mine up, lol.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Progress pics of the Koso Tb...
Guru #3 feels he could've done a better job, I think it turned out great!
Looks great. I read once, and I don’t know if it’s true, but someone said that a textured surface was better than polished, because it allowed the fuel to evaporate off of the walls faster. I don’t know, could be true. Maybe. Get the sandpaper out...lol!

You always hear of people polishing things though.
Look's awesome, glad you posted these after I installed mine. Else I would have been tempted to shine mine up, lol.
Are you running the 34mm Koso with your new setup? I’ve considered sending my stock TB to Grom Fatherz to be ported, but I’m not sure how long I will be using it. If I do a Neo 181 then I figured I’d be switching to a Koso 34mm.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
988 Posts
Looks great. I read once, and I don’t know if it’s true, but someone said that a textured surface was better than polished, because it allowed the fuel to evaporate off of the walls faster. I don’t know, could be true. Maybe. Get the sandpaper out...lol!

You always hear of people polishing things though.

Are you running the 34mm Koso with your new setup? I’ve considered sending my stock TB to Grom Fatherz to be ported, but I’m not sure how long I will be using it. If I do a Neo 181 then I figured I’d be switching to a Koso 34mm.
Yes, I have the Koso. CJR still has a screaming deal on them. Half off basically. Had him port mine before he shipped it out.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts