Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m running a stock motor with pcv/wb2, chimera intake and full yoshi exhaust. About to put in the smr clutch pack,chimera lifter plate, 60% springs and tb cam. Would upgrading the valve springs be advisable right now? I don’t quite know how much to expect from this cam as results seem to vary.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Way back when when I first started BBK building of my 170-2v and 183-2v engines using various cams, I used Crower duel valve spring kit for my build and had zero issues. If you are going to be riding in the upper 7-9K rpm range it would be a little help with the duel spring setup to reduce floating valves.

Good luck

·
Registered
685 Posts
Dual valve springs will help you get the most out of that TB cam. My buddy has a 125cc stock head, stock valves with ports cleaned up, TB Cam, dual valve springs, Grom Fatherz rev wedge, and a Koso 34mm TB. It pulls hard up to 11k. Super fun bike

·
Registered
685 Posts
I’m running a stock motor with pcv/wb2, chimera intake and full yoshi exhaust. About to put in the smr clutch pack,chimera lifter plate, 60% springs and tb cam. Would upgrading the valve springs be advisable right now? I don’t quite know how much to expect from this cam as results seem to vary.
Don't get me wrong, the TB cam works fine with the stock valve springs, but the dual valve springs and a raised rev limit will get you more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts