Honda Grom banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Is this the kitaco frame brace? Also what intake are you running. Any issues fitting it all in there?
Yes... dubSolo's re-Build and other...

Couldn't find any pictures of the actual cooler mounted from other members, this is my contribution for others to reference on space they will have of the sides and the back, for any other mods room might be needed.

nothing fancy just your standard 38mm silicone hose with uni foam filter...

IMG_20200820_185955.jpg IMG_20200820_190048.jpg

Damn dub that thing is so PHAT every time I see it I get oil cooler envy
Lol... its like a car radiator tucked in there,,, So far not a celsius over 94...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
So is the Kitaco mount also a fairing brace? I don’t see how you would connect it to the fairings.
Yes the kitaco mount has the slit cut outs for the fairings and is very solid, better than a fairing rod.

Whats the bolt centre spacing on the 7 row cooler? Just wanna see if it would fit the takegawa rubber mount cooler bracket for the monkey
Measuring from center of bolt to the other... 2 and 5/8 inches

·
Registered
769 Posts
Ordered one of these coolers.

Kitaco 5 row mounted to the intake valve cover blocks airflow to the head. Oil temps are OK but CHT gets hot.

I hope a larger cooler mounted out of the way of airflow to the air cooled engine will help.

Report back soon.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Put on a set of the tappet cover heat sinks on as well. Already running the heatsink and vented cam cover from Drow. Very nice pieces. Recommended. Functional, not just bling.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is it this one?

I'm looking for high mount options currently, thanks.

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
769 Posts
Could you post a link to the mount you used please @Pard ?
Yep, that is it.

Make sure you position it so the fairing tabs fit into the slots.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts