Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your on a 170cc 4v and up then you know heat has always been an issue. An Oil cooler is obviously a must if you are doing long rides (100-200 miles) , or simply racing your grom in sprint/endurance races. We came to a conclusion that the 5 row cooler just wasnt enough for our riding and racing needs so we came out with the 'Juggernaut". If you are having oil cooling issues or just wish your temps would stay a bit lower when getting on it then you might want to look into this.

DROWsports Honda Grom/MSX125 "Juggernaut" Oil Cooler Package is an all in one performance oil cooler kit. This contains all the necessary components to set your bike up with an oil cooler. It includes our aluminum blacked out oil cooler that comes with 7 rows to provide efficient cooling capabilities, meaning ultimate cooling compacted in a small oil cooler. The cooler is connected to a high-quality nylon braided oil line which is more than enough to help keep the temperature down while being flexible. The nylon braided oil lines are hooked up with blacked out aluminum banjo fittings (one on each end). These fittings are lightweight and machined for quality fitment and high oil flow. They are completely rotatable and are held together with stainless steel hose clamps. Using this flexible oil line allows the kit to be completely adjustable and tailored to your fitment and routing. The entire kit is designed with a stealth black color and a close fit to the bike, this prevents the oil cooler from sticking out like a sore thumb. The best available option to keep your bike cool under heavy pressure! This Oil Cooler Package will fit Honda Grom/MSX125 as long as the bike has locations for oil cooler hose bolt.

drowsports-honda-grom-oil-cooler-kit-7row_1.jpg drowsports-honda-grom-oil-cooler-7row-comparison.jpg drowsports-grom-7-row-oil-cooler.gif

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been waiting for this to come back instock. Ordered mine this afternoon for my 143cc.

Reactions: drowsports

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got mine installed today. She's a big cooler lol very tight fit but it does fit in there lol. Only issue I had was I had to modify my intake set up a little.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just installed one of these, it is a tight fit for sure. Just enough for the fairing support. My only recommendation is to get rid of those clamps. If you push the hose all the way onto the fitting it doesn’t allow the fitting to sit flat on the mating surface. You have to make sure the hose is backed off about 1/8”. Saw a 15-20 degree drop on a koso 170 setup.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am running a Chimera intake with the fairing brace rod.

Where does this cooler mount? Between the rod ends and fairing?

Currently running a Kitaco 5row, but am looking for 10F cooler temps.

Think this will do the trick?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am running a Chimera intake with the fairing brace rod.

Where does this cooler mount? Between the rod ends and fairing?

Currently running a Kitaco 5row, but am looking for 10F cooler temps.

Think this will do the trick?
I bought their rod brace with the cooler. The way I had the bracket and cooler positioned, the top of the cooler sat right next to the rod. I like their brace better compared to the Chimera, it's a little beefier and slightly longer. It's a tight fit for the cooler with the rod hooked in place, both sides of the fairing touch the cooler. So far nothing has melted but than again the max temps i've seen is 200f idling and 190f riding in 80f ambient temperature.

Fyi, their banjo bolts are made of thin material. I sheared one off at 13nm.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I bought their rod brace with the cooler. The way I had the bracket and cooler positioned, the top of the cooler sat right next to the rod. I like their brace better compared to the Chimera, it's a little beefier and slightly longer. It's a tight fit for the cooler with the rod hooked in place, both sides of the fairing touch the cooler. So far nothing has melted but than again the max temps i've seen is 200f idling and 190f riding in 80f ambient temperature.

Fyi, their banjo bolts are made of thin material. I sheared one off at 13nm.
Did you previously run another oil cooler?

Debating if the 7 row is worth the $200 cost since I already have the 5 row kitaco which is good enough but I could use a bit more cooling. Seeing 399F CHT on hot days when running WOT on hills with 186cc BBK

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just installed one of these, it is a tight fit for sure. Just enough for the fairing support. My only recommendation is to get rid of those clamps. If you push the hose all the way onto the fitting it doesn’t allow the fitting to sit flat on the mating surface. You have to make sure the hose is backed off about 1/8”. Saw a 15-20 degree drop on a koso 170 setup.
The 15-20 degree drop, what is that measuring? CHT or oil/engine temp?

Were you running any other cooler before replacing with the 7 row?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I bet this Spal fan would go great with this cooler. 30103018

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 15-20 degree drop, what is that measuring? CHT or oil/engine temp?

Were you running any other cooler before replacing with the 7 row?
Not running any other cooler first. This was measured with the opmid gage on the factory sensor in the head/cylinder

1 - 14 of 14 Posts