Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about doing drag bars on their Grom? I put them on my Sportster and really love the look. Plus it might make the riding position and stance look and feel more like a sportbike? If anyone has a source for some bars that would work on the Grom let us know!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
NO DONT DO IT!

Go look at my build thread. I put lower bars on my Grom. They clear the tank but just barely. They look cool and feel OK in the garage. They suck on the road and in the canyons. I know bars are very personal but I would not install anything that is more than 3" lower than stock.

My two cents.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
You could always some big ass risers and run straight drag bars.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yes that is an option if you like the flat bar style - hadn't thought of that.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Composimo has some clip-ons on his MSX, they look cool, but i dont know how they feel. I like the look of the lower bars and all, but in reality I'm getting use to the stock bars. I find them comfortable and in just the right place. Same for the mirrors, even though I despise the lollipops

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Composimo has some clip-ons on his MSX, they look cool, but i dont know how they feel. I like the look of the lower bars and all, but in reality I'm getting use to the stock bars. I find them comfortable and in just the right place. Same for the mirrors, even though I despise the lollipops
I really like the CB500F mirrors and they go out far enough on the bars so you're not looking at your elbows.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm really happy with how the clipon setup i did feels while riding... and yea, you can easily do risers as well under them if you wanted them to be higher... But its not right to say "NO DONT DO IT" just because you didn't like a particular bar setup... lol!

But anyway, directly using clip-ons on the forks won't work, as they'll hit the bodywork, not to mention the forks are tapered, so no real place to put them anyway.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Reactions: 4Nines

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'm really happy with how the clipon setup i did feels while riding... and yea, you can easily do risers as well under them if you wanted them to be higher... But its not right to say "NO DONT DO IT" just because you didn't like a particular bar setup... lol!

But anyway, directly using clip-ons on the forks won't work, as they'll hit the bodywork, not to mention the forks are tapered, so no real place to put them anyway.
I disagree. I think it is perfectly fine to give my advise based on my personal experience. Especially when I go on to add the I recognize bars are very personal and it was just my two cents.

It is not right for you to tell me what I can and can not say and what advise I can and can not give just because you disagree with it. lol.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
And speaking of bars... my new higher ones just got here. I off the the Grom Cave.

·
Registered
294 Posts
:sigh: ..... SMH.

Thats like saying to someone "NO DONT EVER EAT SUSHI!, because I hate it!" ... but whatever...

lol!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Are we really talking about pussy.... Or sushi?

I loves me some Asian sushi

·
Registered
149 Posts
And speaking of bars... my new higher ones just got here. I off the the Grom Cave.
Where's the grom cave? And yes, I'd like to get different bars. It reminds me of my CT90 and I really wanted more of a sport bike look. I bought new mirrors that I'm hoping to put on, if they fit. There's controversy if they will or not. I'm getting them from Tailand thru ebay...I'll put the lollipops on something else!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts