Honda Grom banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Monkey
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Looking good!

As for your forks, the rings are supposed to come that way out of the factory. In all videos I saw online and also on my own bike the (piston?) rings are facing the same way on stock forks.
Weird. My friends monkey had them facing different ways out of the factory.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The factory manual I have is the one floating around on the web. I think it is for OG. But that manual doesn’t mention that there are two directions. It just shows one picture with the piston ring. So that implies there shouldn’t be a difference between the two forks on the factory setup.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Monkey
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The factory manual I have is the one floating around on the web. I think it is for OG. But that manual doesn’t mention that there are two directions. It just shows one picture with the piston ring. So that implies there shouldn’t be a difference between the two forks on the factory setup.
View attachment 88814
That picture is for the ring next to the seal, not the damper assembly. The monkey service manual doesn't have anything about removing the damper rod, because you don't need to do that to change seals or fluids.

Sent from my Atom_XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Okay, tried searching for the position of the piston rings on YouTube. I can not see any evidence that they are facing one or two directions on stock forks. So it keeps being a mystery. If I recall, I think the were in one direction when I did my forks. But I can’t tell you for sure.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Monkey
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
After a lot of back and forth with Dynojet, it looks like there is a limitation with the non-USA monkey ecu that prevents the rev limiter from being set over 11.3k rpm....

61 - 67 of 67 Posts