Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
That is the one that @mongerrr mentioned earlier. The gearing looks nice I鈥檓 a little afraid for the quality. On FB the seller is willing to sell (as in an extra payment) you insurance for broken teeth. That makes me doubt even more. If I open my crankcase I would like to have some faith in the quality. But maybe I鈥檓 being over cautious and is the quality on par. Just my 2 cents

Registered
Looking good!

As for your forks, the rings are supposed to come that way out of the factory. In all videos I saw online and also on my own bike the (piston?) rings are facing the same way on stock forks.

Registered
The factory manual I have is the one floating around on the web. I think it is for OG. But that manual doesn鈥檛 mention that there are two directions. It just shows one picture with the piston ring. So that implies there shouldn鈥檛 be a difference between the two forks on the factory setup.

Registered
Okay, tried searching for the position of the piston rings on YouTube. I can not see any evidence that they are facing one or two directions on stock forks. So it keeps being a mystery. If I recall, I think the were in one direction when I did my forks. But I can鈥檛 tell you for sure.

Registered
Very nice looking rims!

@mongerrr I noticed that you run the Takegawa crank. I in the process of installing that myself. Did you noticed that there is no oil hole in the small end that goes through and through, just like the oem and Kitaco one. It just has a little hole that connects to nothing. How does the pin gets its oil? Any thoughts on that?

Registered
I think I didn鈥檛 explained myself right. I ment the part were the piston pin goes through the crank. But I鈥檒l have another look tomorrow. As far as I could see there is no connection with the oil route.

Registered
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

Automotive tire Bumper Wood Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

It still is remarkable that the Takegawa crank doesn鈥檛 have the same oil outlet on top of the rod as the stock and the Kitaco have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts