Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anybody know if there is anybody offering rears sets for the grom? (If so, Please post up some pics and info for all to benefit from).Man that would sure make it a nice ride and would really let you fine tune the ride for lots of different riders( lets face it,we arent all the same size). Maybe some fab shop with an eye for detail.....composimo ?:eagerness:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
As you can see from the photo above they are currently being produced. Additionally, they appear to have multiple mounting holes so that we can fine tune them to our comfort. Also, it looks to me like the passenger peg is easily removable. A set of those may make it onto my bike.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think I will wait until more pop up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm really wondering about the stock riding position on this thing. For us bigger guys, I can definitely see some mods in the works!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just as something to think about regarding rearsets and the GROM... for ME... i personally don't see me putting rear-sets on my bike. I'm not planning on racing the bike, and the pegs are in a very comfortable/natural position in the stock location.. shifting and using the brake is comfortable. I've sat on the bike, and put my feet up where the rearsets would be like the ones pictured above, and there is no way i could imagine 'cruising' around on something like that. Legs would be bent way far, knees would not be too happy, etc...

Now, if you're planning on tracking the bike, then that's another story, and maybe you'd want your feet further up in the air, and further back... to each their own of course, it is definitely cool having something shiny down there... but for the kind of riding i do around here, the high rearsets would be painful... lol!

Also something to consider, is that with your feet further back, you will have more weight on your hands/arms, which for road racing isn't a big deal, and big bikes it isn't a big deal because if you get tired you can practically lay on the tank... but you can't do that with this bike, its a bit small... lol! So for like the 140-mile cruise we did here this last weekend, it would have been a less-than-enjoyable ride.

So just some 'older guy thoughts' to think about if you are looking into buying a set of these...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I'd like a set of those but I would put them in a close to stock location. My main reason for wanting them is that I would not have to bolt on the passenger pegs.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thats why I want something different, rkwfxd

·
Registered
357 Posts
I get my replacement standard rearsets on next week, as I got damaged ones both sides from my dealer where they used tie downs to transport it, options are leave the new standards on or, cut the rear pegs off altogether on the damaged ones and dress and grind the stumps down then polish it or powdercoat them black, I too find the standard foot position more than comfortable, that's one less expensive thing to buy and that money can go on something else bling!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I say you cut the damaged ones the powdercoat. If it doesnt look good, then just throw on the new one X. Win win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts