Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Honda Grom Fans!

Thank you for having us on the forum.

If you are unfamiliar with Dobeck Performance, we manufacture fuel tuning solutions, AFR diagnostic tools, and the AXIS Dynamometer.
Although we are a relatively new company, est. in 1997, we have a rich history in the performance tuning industry.

Our owner, Mark Dobeck, is the founder of Dynojet and inventor of the Dynojet dyno. Our head engineer developed the Power Commander that many are probably familiar with.
Dobeck Performance offers simple and easy to use fuel solutions that eliminate much of the hassle associated with fuel tuning in the past; no computer needed, and no dyno time required.
Our tuners are developed around Stage 1 modifications (intake & exhaust upgrades), but can be used for a wide variety of engine modifications.

We offer both our EJK Gen 3.5 and AFR+ Gen 4 for the Grom.
Read more about these fuel solutions here:
www.electronicjetkit.com
www.afrplus.com

We will be offering Stage 1 kits on the forum that will include either the AFR+ or EJK and an exhaust of your choice at an excellent package deal price.
The following exhausts will be available in Stage 1 kits:
Akrapovic
Yoshimura
Two Brothers
Arrow
M4
Ixil

What other exhausts are popular on the Grom? What exhausts do you want to be available in a Stage 1 kit?
What have been the popular cams and big bore kits Grom owners have been adding to their bike?

Watch for the various Stage 1 packages listed in our vendor section within the next week.

Dobeck Performance will also be available on the forum to provide tuning support and answer questions.
Feel free to send us a PM or send us an email [email protected]
You can also call us at 1.877.764.3337

Let us know if you have any questions.
We are happy to help!

Stay Tuned!!!

-TuningHQ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you for taking care of the GRom community. Looking forward to the package deals. Just happens to be in the market for a new fuel controller.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would really like to see a tuning option for a modified stock airbox, exhaust, and perhaps a DCR cam.

I might be in the minority, but I think I just need a little more power, less than a big bore would provide. These are rather inexpensive and easy parts to install, if there was easier and more affordable tuning options that would maintain stock-ish parts reliability, there might be a market for even casual grom riders.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
@hopperG - We will have both our EJK and AFR+ fuel solutions available. Make sure to ask about the forum member discount when you are ready to order.
@brettstapel3 - We will look into bringing other exhausts into our stage 1 packages. We will add Brock's exhaust to the list of exhausts to look into.
@machspeed - Specific settings for the cam may be something we look into developing. The EJK fuel tuner comes preprogrammed with stage 1 settings but can be adjusted to work for cammed and big bore Groms. The AFR+ will work as well as it is an AFR gauge and fuel tuner all in one. You know exactly how the bike is running with the AFR gauge and can control the tune up with simple push button fuel controls. Does the DCR cam seem to be the cam everyone is going with? What are other popular cams being put in the Groms?

And how about big bore kits? Which one is everyone going with?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We look forward to joining the fun on the forum!

-TuningHQ

·
Registered
386 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Have been using the Afr+ Gen 4 for some time now. Have been happy with the system. Seem to work good. Tech support has been good also.

Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
wellcome Dobeck guys.

what i would wish, that AFR+ gives ability to raise rpm limit also, eg. by 1000 or 1500 rpm. then it would be a perfect tuning solution with much more benefit for power cams and bbk owners also :encouragement:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm currently using AFR+ with a bigger pcx150 injector on my Takegawa 4v 181cc headkit. So far it seem to be running fine, I have my AFR set to around 12.7 and redzone 12.2. Dose my AFR+ need a reflash for this to run safely? Technically my motor is beyond Stage 1, more like Stage 4 lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our Stage 1 kits with pricing are now posted!!!

Check them out and let me know if you have any questions.

-TuningHQ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Stage 1 kits are already discounted for you.

We do offer a 10-20% forum member discount on our controllers. In order to verify you for the discount, please sent an email to [email protected] with the forum name, your username, and a link to a thread stating which controller you are looking to get. Once you have been verified, we will create an unique promo code for you to use at checkout.

-TunigHQ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dobeck Performance will be adding the DCR cam to our Grom in the coming weeks to work out a tune up and settings specific for Groms with the DCR cam.
This tune up should work well with other cams available for the Grom.

Let us know if you have any questions.
-TuningHQ

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very interested in cam and tuner. On the fence as so many others in the pcv vs Afr+ decision. Hope to hear the results on this soon!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Also, can the Afr+ work with a bbk down the line? Seems all the bbk users go with pcv or other dedicated fi modules.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You guys need to get a Takegawa 4v big bore kit, I've been running it with your AFR+ for 700 miles now without issues. Mid 12.5 and full throttle 12.2. I would love to hear some input on setting because I think I'm running it conservatively since my temp never pass 190 degrees but my plugs are a perfect golden brown which makes me not want to mess with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for sharing that you are successfully using this with the 4V BBK...I am seriously considering this upgrade soon and I wasn't sure how the AFR+ would do but since you checked the plugs and have had a positive experience I feel more inclined to do the upgrade. Do you see any issues with heat or backfiring during long riding days?

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
You guys need to get a Takegawa 4v big bore kit, I've been running it with your AFR+ for 700 miles now without issues. Mid 12.5 and full throttle 12.2. I would love to hear some input on setting because I think I'm running it conservatively since my temp never pass 190 degrees but my plugs are a perfect golden brown which makes me not want to mess with it.
I'm sure some of you have read a couple of my posting about Takegawa 4v BBK kit grom that walked away from my BrianS 170 BBK grom going up the Hills in San Francisco and this is the Grom above that is owned by JDracer, I say he has one of the fastest grom out right.

Not sure if he had any luck with the 10 hole F/I that we got.

Looking at his settings 12.2 and 12.5 my PCV-WB02 unit sees 12.6-13.6 with the best power pull when the reading shows 13.2-13.4 A/F

1 - 20 of 29 Posts