Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all, new to the forum. Just ordered TB Parts Camshaft for monkey z125m and want to know if it can run with stock ECU? . Current mods Chimera intake w/k&n filter and after market exhaust with ohlins fdk 107 and ho819.

Any information much appreciated

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I think, with your mods, the amount of fuel that you will need will be more than the stock ECU can, or will, provide.

Keep an eye on your spark plug. Like a close eye. More than likely you were already lean to start with. Now with your mods...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree, keep close eye on the plug and perhaps try a plug chop just to make sure. The Monkey starts lean, and that intake is going to make it even leaner. You may now be slightly changing detonation timing with the different cam as well, so just keep an eye on things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey all just got word getting dhm stage 3 piston and reflashed ECU on Saturday. Just a question, and it's probably stupid. I already received the TB Camshaft and wanted to know if I could just install reflashed ECU and camshaft before installing the high compression piston in the kit? I'm excited to try them out. I know the piston swap would take me about half a day with kids running around.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think it would be fine, obviously a little down on power from the flash without the piston. But should not harm your bike. I recommend contacting DHM, I'm sure he could tell you since he will know the differences between the two tunes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts