Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just put on a low mount anodoly racing exhaust and ordered a chimera air intake coming in soon but I started seeing things online about tuning to make the bike run richer I already have the exhaust installed but would it be fine without a tune if I put the air intake on or should I wait until I get a tuning chip for it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
914 Posts
You need to wait for a tune. No, it will not immediately blow up. But it will eventually wear out the motor.

·
Registered
161 Posts
At the very least reset your ECU once the intake is put on and let it re-learn the setup. Adding an intake will give you more airflow so you will be leaning it out. I didn't get a tune right away, probably put 5,000 miles or so on my bike with a drow sports intake and a slip on. As long as you don't plan on racing or riding it hard you should be fine for a while.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would honestly wait till you get the tune. Saves you the effort of having to remove the plastics multiple times. Remove everything once, install intake and ECU.

Also, according to most people on the forums and facebook groups, if you install both, you should get a tune.

Side note: if you get the ECU tune... you may as well grab a cam too. That way you're not like me and where you have everything installed, thinking of putting a cam in, and now having to send the ECU back to get tuned. CJR has a auto-adjusting ECU flash (wasn't available when I got mine flashed) but when I get my cam and ECU reflash, I'll go with the auto-adjusting this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts