Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Vendor
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've taken the first inventory of DNA's twin Monkey intakes. The short version.... *They're extremely high quality units top to bottom. We've utilized their filters for our own Mtakes for quite some time, this this was no surprise. *They're well engineered. The filter base is tuned airspace to replicate runner length, and the runner is ramped at the throttle body for increased intake velocity. *They're expensive. It's not for everyone, but if you've got the coin, and want to stand out in the crowd, it's a solid option. DNA Stage 3 Airbox Kit for 2019+ Honda Monkey 125 - MNNTHBX

Here's a brief install video...

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1 to that. The sound of the other open air intakes sound kind of obnoxious IMO. I'm hoping this one is a bit quieter, though I'm not holding my breath since the elements are still exposed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just fitted mine and reset ECU.
This is the first performance mod I’ve done. Definitely revs a lot higher and will now hit the rev limiter. A bit louder than I would have liked but it looks great and the bike is more fun to ride. I’ve ordered a standard look exhaust from webbike to fit next as I like the look of standard exhaust over anything else I’ve seen. Will try to add video.

·
Registered
74 Posts
+1 on the thanks. I also think it's a little loud for my taste, but good looking. Still a little unfinished on the left side like all other intakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so just fitted Takegawa exhaust system which is much louder than standard exhaust. No longer need to rev the bike as hard as seem to have the torque in next gear to keep pulling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
At idle I’d say exhaust although they are pretty similar loudness. At certain revs and wide open throttle definitely the intake but I think they work well together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts