Honda Grom banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
New idler wheel and new chain installed...

GF adjustable tensioner inserted...

GF head studs installed...

DROWsports 181 4v piston and cylinder installed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
New chain guide roller going in, you can see the difference in the old and new one. 7,000 miles on the old one. 5k stock motor and 2k with the NEO 181.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Whoa. Look at you. What an update!

What'd you use to port your throttle body? Dremel?

Reactions: Djezspin

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Whoa. Look at you. What an update!

What'd you use to port your throttle body? Dremel?
Dremel, carbide bits, sanding discs, abrasive buffing wheels, JB Weld, noise canceling headphones with tunes and about 30 minutes of relaxing time.

WRYyBpzPSsSJ8LiFTwlGTA.jpg

The JB Weld was for this one area on the tb. I did some measuring and saw that I was going to hit it so I cleaned/roughed up the area and packed it. Then let it cure for about 6 hours before porting.

lhomtiebTeC1iDWQJ9RMqA.jpg 9rnqEPZhRBObIHCJCsE8xQ.jpg

The NEO 181 honestly ran better with this ported stock tb than it did with the un-ported Koso tb. Very surprising.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Update on the Driven rear sets and MNNTHBX bronze bushings. Chimera 320mm race bolt (short version) is a perfect replacement for the stock swingarm bolt.

2s%YqKkVTl+1sZ%f5kZnUg.jpg +nE9gpDKQg+sCAvxr+6oVw.jpg

Reactions: S1930

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #107

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
The Yuminashi guide never made it in time for the initial build. So a new stock one was what went in initially. Never been a fan of patience.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I missed the last updates, you've been very busy! :encouragement:
Might have to order some GF studs to replace the spaghetti stock ones.

And now I'm looking for smaller rear blinkers... damn you! lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
I missed the last updates, you've been very busy! :encouragement:
Might have to order some GF studs to replace the spaghetti stock ones.

And now I'm looking for smaller rear blinkers... damn you! lol
I have been busy. The studs are nice. And yes, you are welcome, the rear lights are quite nice. I was real worried about them prior to ordering but now I'm very pleased with them. Plan to replace the front flush mounts very soon. The Rizoma's are very bright.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I went with chinesium turn signals, 150$ cheaper than the Rizomas. We'll see how bad they are... lol

How is the 4 valve setup running? Are you using the Yumi ECU with the PCV?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Any updates on this thread?

·
Registered
730 Posts
It blew up (that's the short story).

He's in the process of rebuilding now.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Wow I've been so busy that I haven't been back to this forum in about a year. Even during this whole COVID-19 stuff I'm keeping busy.

So yeah, I had put about 2k miles on the Drowsports LS181 kit. It was running really good, absolutely no issues other than puking oil on the highways. But I had gotten the oil issue taken care of by adding more length to the crankcase tubing. I ended up starving the motor of oil with the engine in the upper rpm range and shot the rod through the case.

The bike sat in the garage for a month like this as I had to leave on a work trip the next day. When I got back I had new left and right cases waiting for me. Spent the day tearing the case apart to pull the crank out. Put the stock crank back in the new case and put my NEO 181 back on. I've since put about 3k miles on the NEO and it is as expected, running strong. I'm waiting to get my hands on another LS181 kit, or waiting for something else to come out. Eitherway, the rod on the Kitaco crank was damaged as you can see in the picture. I have a replacement rod already. I'm still daily riding the bike as my commuter. I do miss the LS181 though.

Here is the bike today, just finished an oil change.

I'll dig through everything and try to stay on top of updating this thread. I'm not sure if I've updated the slipper clutch and the crankcase vent tubing that I had done. I also have upgraded the Kitaco starter and a few other things. When I get more time I'll see what I'm missing in here.

Reactions: OpusNectar

·
Registered
730 Posts
ooooh slipper clutch? After a couple trackdays I could def use one.

Reactions: Djezspin
101 - 116 of 116 Posts