81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

·
Registered
726 Posts
Sucks it's not stamped 124cc... Not sure what they are doing with these stamps, having the stock cc would be very nice.
My situational awareness thanks you! :tennis:
You could always shave down the "KITACO" and stamp whatever you want in its place....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
You could always shave down the "KITACO" and stamp whatever you want in its place....
It's funny you say that, I was going to shave down the "124" on the Drowsports 181cc cylinder and stamp a new number as well as throw something into the flat next to it, but I realized I had forgotten about it after I sprayed it.

Now you got me thinking of pulling my damn stamps out and doing it anyways, lol.

14MfHKBuQW+GGWIhXWydKw.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
My new VA tags just got approved and issued today. By the end of this week I'll be cancelling the CA registration and be done with all the non-sense regulations that they have.

Rizoma Zero turn signals for the rear are on order.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My new VA tags just got approved and issued today. By the end of this week I'll be cancelling the CA registration and be done with all the non-sense regulations that they have.

Rizoma Zero turn signals for the rear are on order.

Moving to Virginia?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Moving to Virginia?
Nope, I'm in the military. Home of record is Illinois. Moved to Virginia in 2000. Kept Illinois license and registered vehicles in VA since it was cheaper than Illinois and I didn't have to pay property tax to VA since I'm an Illinois resident. 2009 got a VA drivers license, and kept my Illinois home of record. Moved to Rhode Island in 2015. Moved to CA last summer. All my vehicles are still registered in VA and I bought the Grom in CA so got stuck with their registration so I could get it on the road right away. Home of record is still Illinois, lol. I don't pay state tax on my income.

California is expensive.
My CA tag on the Grom expires at the end of the month. They wanted $135 to renew it for 1 year. VA cost me $28.50. My Street Glide is $28.50 a year as well. All motorcycles are. I pay $120 for 3 years tags on my Silverado dually, I asked and CA wanted $740 a year. I said no thanks. I didn't even ask what it would be for the BMW X5 and the Harley Street Glide. Damn.

·
Registered
726 Posts
It's on a Takegawa 181 and the stamp is huge and part of the casting, it's not really something you can file down in 18 seconds.

Coating on the cylinder looks good! :encouragement:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
New VA tags showed up today. Looks like the Quality Control at the state prisons is a bit lacking as the plate was not cut properly (oversized) and the 4 bolt holes were all out of place, lol. Pulled the dremel out and got at it.

·
Registered
726 Posts
What will happen to the Kitaco kit? Wouldn't you want it to spend the rest of its live in southern France?
Just imagine it, spinning sweetly on the rally de Monte Carlo roads, exploring the Alps, the Provence, maybe even the riviera... lol

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
What will happen to the Kitaco kit? Wouldn't you want it to spend the rest of its live in southern France?
Just imagine it, spinning sweetly on the rally de Monte Carlo roads, exploring the Alps, the Provence, maybe even the riviera... lol
I'm not sure what I'll do the the Neo head, cylinder and piston yet. My boy keeps bugging me for a Grom, but I feeling like a second Grom in the garage would start dipping into my retirement funds, lol. He certainly does need a project to work on to learn his tools. He had to borrow a drill and drill bit for a school project, 10 minutes later he comes back and can't figure out how to put the bit into the chuck. I called his 7 year old sister into the garage and told her to put the bit into the drill and she knocked it out right away. My boy was pissed. By the way, my boy is 13, about to turn 14 :crazy:

The picture of it cruising around in the South of France is appealing. As long it doesn't take a detour into Brest, France. I've been there and was not impressed.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Time for some overdue updates....

Rizoma Zero turn signals in the rear, absolutely love them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
MNNTHBX Swing arm bushing kit...

What can I say, amazing upgrade especially if you’re running an upgraded rear shock already. I had my suspension dialed in but just added the new bushings threw it all off. It literally is a different bike now.

You may notice I used an old wheel spacer to help push the old bushings out

For those with Driven Rear Sets, the last 3 pictures are for y’all. The bushings are made with factory spec dimensions, so it will push your rear sets outward leaving a gap in the bottom bolt locations. It’s the same gap with as the top washers you originally removed during your rear set install, so just move the washers down to the lower location. Also, the stock swing arm bolt is too short now. Order one of the Chimera swing arm bolts. They have two sizes and I’m hoping the smaller size works, I’ll post what I find when it comes in.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
New parts for the new build came in early March. Koso 4v and DROWsports 181 piston/cylinder.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Stripped the head and removed the Koso Tb to be sent off for some work.

In order to continue running my Neo while the big parts were away I took some time and ported the stock tb. I must say, the damn bike ran better with the stock ported tb than it did with the Koso Tb, lol.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Time for the piston and rings...

Pulled my ring jig and tossed my Dremel back on.

Next up, enamel time...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Got the Koso Tb and 4v head back with some extra goodies. In these pics I had already cleaned and painted the head, tapper covers and manifold. I also port matched the manifold.

You’ll also see the Grom Fathers adjustable tensioner, cam cover and titanium retainers. Not pictured are his head studs. I had a hell of a time trying to decide to paint the cam cover, it has got to be one of the most amazing looking pieces of art offered for the Grom, lol.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Grom Fathers port work comparisons... sorry for the stock photos, mike bike phone mount broke and my phone went for a roll down the highway. Had to use a iPhone 5 with a horrible camera on the before pictures....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Time for a valve job and putting the head together... I did a water and air pressure test on the valves and the seal is 100%. Time to start prepping for the install.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Grom Fatherz head studs compared to 2 stock and 2 Kitaco NEO head studs...

GF head studs

Stock/NEO head studs

81 - 100 of 116 Posts