Honda Grom banner

61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
New sprockets and chain, out of curiosity, is there an aftermarket chain guide for a 17t sprocket? I'm just going to grind mine down, but was wondering as I haven't seen one in the past.
Both Takegawa and Kitaco have those chain guides, they're like 15$. Waisted money is you have a grinder. :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Both Takegawa and Kitaco have those chain guides, they're like 15$. Waisted money is you have a grinder. :icon_thumright:
Agreed and just like that it's already done. Just gotta let the paint dry now.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Paint is dry enough.
pLXfy2auRnuPsNW08C8mAA.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
Build is coming along nicely!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Went for a ride today...anything over 70 is scary as hell. I had to back down on this run because the front end was getting out of control!! I don't know how y'all doing over 90 are hanging on.

fullsizeoutput_3a5.jpeg

·
Registered
726 Posts
Not sure what is causing this. My previous Grom would sometimes be scary as hell at 70, the new one starts to move around a bit at 80-85, it feels much saver.
Both first year first gen, only difference are the tires, stock and later Conti Twist Race on the first one, Power Pures on the second.

What app is that on your last pic?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I've check everything. When I installed the PP's I even balanced the damn wheel. I pulled the weights off and same thing. I had a small leak on the right fork so I replaced all the seals when I put the new fork valves in and still I get a little wobbly in the upper speeds. I've even adjusted the preload on the forks and the rear shock with no success. So I guess it's just the way the bike wants to handle. Maybe I'll put a steering stabilizer on it and call it day. That may at least give me a little piece-of-mind.

The app is Speedometer Speed Box App in the Apple app store, made by Hans Schneider.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've check everything. When I installed the PP's I even balanced the damn wheel. I pulled the weights off and same thing. I had a small leak on the right fork so I replaced all the seals when I put the new fork valves in and still I get a little wobbly in the upper speeds. I've even adjusted the preload on the forks and the rear shock with no success. So I guess it's just the way the bike wants to handle. Maybe I'll put a steering stabilizer on it and call it day. That may at least give me a little piece-of-mind.

The app is Speedometer Speed Box App in the Apple app store, made by Hans Schneider.

Preload should be a set once and call it a day setting. When I got my RB fork kit tuned, we settled on the rebound circuit being set to 1 click out from full in. Try slowing the rebound first, and if that doesn't work, try adding some compression damping as well to firm up the ride a bit.

My grom feels fine at speed, and its been crashed hard once before by my buddy hamfisting the front brake and going over the bars. I think my steering lock turns further left than right still. Tracks straight with my hands off the bars, so I'm guessing the headtube/frame's still straight lol.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Yeah I've got the preload back where it should be, I was testing with the heights from front to rear to see if I could narrow anything down. My rebound on forks are currently at 2 clicks from full in and the compression is 6 clicks from out. Been carrying the allen wrench slowly tweaking the settings with every ride. The RB suspension is nice.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Driven rear sets are installed. I should've upgraded this a while ago.

I'm a little upset that the shift linkage rod isn't an actual "turnbuckle" though. Both ends are threaded right hand so you have to completely remove the shift arm end to adjust the length.

fullsizeoutput_3c2.jpeg

had to take a slow-mo video and screenshot due to my camera being jacked with the shaky bug. I'll get photo's of the rear sets once I get my phone fixed.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That's odd. I just loosen the lock nuts on each side and spin the "shaft" to adjust my pedal height. Are you using the GP shift pattern?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
You would think it would be that way but not on this one. I'll make a few calls/emails to inquire about it.

No GP shift right now as it wouldn't fit with the sprocket cover still on, I'll play around with it later though.

There is a considerable difference between the OG and SF driven rear sets.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Nothing for the cylinder size is stamped on the kit. But for your SA here are side shots of the cylinder and head.

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0008.JPG

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Since my phone camera is broke, I had to pull out the old iPhone 5. So here are some picks of the rear sets i put on 2 days ago and the shift support from HR that just came in today.

IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0011.JPG IMG_0012.JPG

Don't worry, I got the shift link bolt put back in.

·
Registered
707 Posts
You know what's next, that zoom loop has gotta go!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
You know it, waiting to see what GF comes up with for the Hindle (high mount possibly?).

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
The Grom is getting an upgrade in the near future. The crap just doesn't end on these crazy fun bikes. Shit, I thought a Harley was expensive to own!! :wink:

V%nIQnWUQ4y74YxwiLt%SA.jpg

61 - 80 of 116 Posts