Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after making the exhaust last night i did the DIY airbox mod this morning and took it for a ride (also reset the ECM/EFI). definitely more torque, sounds delicious too!

so stock i would consistently hit 57mph sitting up and the occasional 59mph

after both mods, i'm consistently hitting 60mph and the occasional 62mph

i didn't get to do a full tuck test run yet but pre-mod i would hit 64mph consistently.

oh, i also had cargo shorts on that were blowing up like a parachute...doesn't sound like much but these little things matter on little bikes trying to go fast

(yes, i know she's dirty)

·
Registered
674 Posts
I like it dirty!

(that sounded not good at all!)

If the mod proves to be safe and good, I'll have to do it myself aswell

·
Registered
322 Posts
taking off that oem exhaust sure shows off that rear fender. have you thought about painting it to match the front fender.
I have a redone, so finding some rattle can that matches the red prob is impossible. but black might be do-able.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
taking off that oem exhaust sure shows off that rear fender. have you thought about painting it to match the front fender.
I have a redone, so finding some rattle can that matches the red prob is impossible. but black might be do-able.
i'm still trying to figure out what kind of color scheme i'm going to go with....at least accent colors

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love your little stubby...! (oooh err missus!) That pipe looks good. I went one step further and totally dumped the air box. Makes future engine work a lot simpler. I fitted the long one of these OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Stacks 38 to 40mm fitting 3 lengths (Powered by CubeCart) it's a perfect fit. I did fit some mesh over the mouth to prevent stuff getting in. Used a soft plastic sieve! Here's a pic of my bike. I don't think I'd done the filter yet. It's now 155cc and can hit 72 on the level :D new pipe.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts