Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought a grom over the winter and put a bunch of parts on it hoping it would perform like my KLX110 (well w/143 BBK). It does not, it's a huge disappointment. I'm not sure where I went wrong, hoping you can help!

My klx143 is violent on bottom in 1st 2nd, & 3rd gear. Not crazy powerful as you go through the mid and top of the gears. I am looking for more of a clutch grab to play with wheelies. I know my KLX it is lighter, but it would literally flip if you hammer the throttle in any of those gears. My Grom will only pop up under 7mph with a bounce in gear #1... drastically different!

Here are my mods:
14 tooth front & 37 rear sprocket
o-ring did chain
Dinger built short intake
Yosh exhaust
Takagawa cam
Power Commander V & wide band 2
Takagawa high flow pump
60% stronger clutch springs
chimera clutch lifter plate

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The transmission in the KLX is meant for low end grunt and the grom wasnt intended for wheelies it was for mpg. If you go with a larger BBK like a Kitaco 181 it makes it easier and if you just swap the 300cc into it, you will now have a hooligan bike

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,257 Posts

Go big or go home. Lol

Reactions: w.adventures

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding guys...I have a 143 in the basement, will this be ok?...also can I use the wideband 2 and Power Commander V?... I am asking because I know it does not touch hondas "narrow band" settings from 0%-80% throttle. Thx!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding guys...I have a 143 in the basement, will this be ok?...also can I use the wideband 2 and Power Commander V?... I am asking because I know it does not touch hondas "narrow band" settings from 0%-80% throttle. Thx!
... really don't want to drop the $$ on an A-Racer, I have $3k I extras on this bike already I'll never get back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts