Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done this? Cam dosnt seem special but it is peaky. Wondering if a yosh cam woudl do well in there? Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Has anybody done this? Cam dosnt seem special but it is peaky. Wondering if a yosh cam woudl do well in there? Thoughts?

The question is does a stock cam fit. If a stock cam fits and everything lines up when you could use any cam you wished. I feel as though the 4v cams are different as far as lobe placement etc.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Doesnt fit. Ill snap a pic quick.

The cam is substantially shorter and has oil flow through it (where stock just flows onto it?). The inner bearing is also press fit into the head, rather than on the cam. The outer bearing is thinner, I think. And lobes are placed closer together.

Also when putting my stock head back together, I realized the Koso doesnt the rocker arms on needle/cage bearings. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah. Not a fan of regrinds anyway. Makes the base circle too small for my tastes. Was just curious.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fuck valves go 2 stroke. I mean... if your gonna do it, do it.

CR125/250 motor. done and stupid. make a cbr conversion bike look like boat-anchor being dragged behind it. :D

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
fuck valves go 2 stroke. I mean... if your gonna do it, do it.

CR125/250 motor. done and stupid. make a cbr conversion bike look like boat-anchor being dragged behind it. :D

Till the CBR250 conversion passes you up on the side of the road as you do a top end rebuild every 5 hrs of use haha.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not really. I have 2 years and 2 gap trips on my CR85 motor in my 71 kawi. and 2 DGR rides + a bunch of bike nights. top end is doing well. agreed, it requires more maintenance, a lot, but who cares? top end kits are dick cheap and take almost no time to do. just saying. it can be done. pretty reliable if you set it up right and smoke any grom out there.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Not really. I have 2 years and 2 gap trips on my CR85 motor in my 71 kawi. and 2 DGR rides + a bunch of bike nights. top end is doing well. agreed, it requires more maintenance, a lot, but who cares? top end kits are dick cheap and take almost no time to do. just saying. it can be done. pretty reliable if you set it up right and smoke any grom out there.

oh dont get me wrong, that would be insanely fun to have! Always wanted a CR500 motard for the malibu hills that are my canyon playground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts