Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my grom today, I must say after reading all about the problems other people were having. I was worried.
But I got NO wobble at any speed, not vibration at idle, I hit 61 mph on a flat with a small head wind and only 14 miles on the motor when I did that.
My rear brake works just fine, I can grab neutral very easy. My seat come off just fine.
I have 75 miles on her so far and I can really feel the motor start to loosen up.

I plan on doing a oil change at 100.

Maybe it's because the Red bikse are really better.

Cheers guys/gals

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Picked up my grom today, I must say after reading all about the problems other people were having. I was worried.
But I got NO wobble at any speed, not vibration at idle, I hit 61 mph on a flat with a small head wind and only 14 miles on the motor when I did that.
My rear brake works just fine, I can grab neutral very easy. My seat come off just fine.
I have 75 miles on her so far and I can really feel the motor start to loosen up.

I plan on doing a oil change at 100.

Maybe it's because the Red bikse are really better.

Cheers guys/gals
Mine is the same

Im very pleaded with it

Sent from my DROIDX using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my Red Beast two days ago, hit 63 mph and coming up on 100 miles on it. Not tryin to jinx myself but none of those problems here. To be honest the only prob I had is my bike kept shutting off when I was placing it in gear while the kickstand was down...doh!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i think its because its a Honda... and the fact that you aren't LOOKING for a problem.. i mean hell.. if you got a new bike and didnt get out and ride it but inspect every little detail then I am sure you could probably find something.. esp is you super anal.. but wtf.. this is a mass produced minibike motorcycle whatever you want to call it from a factory in Thailand shipped overseas to the US.. get out and ride it and have fun.. :)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Picked up my Red Beast two days ago, hit 63 mph and coming up on 100 miles on it. Not tryin to jinx myself but none of those problems here. To be honest the only prob I had is my bike kept shutting off when I was placing it in gear while the kickstand was down...doh!
That's just a safety feature of the bike.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i think its because its a Honda... and the fact that you aren't LOOKING for a problem.. i mean hell.. if you got a new bike and didnt get out and ride it but inspect every little detail then I am sure you could probably find something.. esp is you super anal.. but wtf.. this is a mass produced minibike motorcycle whatever you want to call it from a factory in Thailand shipped overseas to the US.. get out and ride it and have fun.. :)
Exactly! Some of the "complaints" people are having are really nit picking the bike. When all is said and done it is a 3000 dollar bike assembled by discount labour. This bike isn't going to have the same fit and finish as a Japanese produced CBR1000RR. If it did, it would cost twice as much and most of us wouldn't be here. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Good to hear there are some "perfect" bikes out there. Now if I could just get mine to find out for myself! :banghead:

·
Registered
158 Posts
i was also able to hit 61 mph. i have 80 miles on mine. No speed wobble here. Just a stiff seat =P oh and i have a red grom =P

1 - 20 of 23 Posts