Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know if anyone has any info on the finbro 31x26 head $250 vs the dhm 27x23 head $500.

It seems that the answer is obvious but I've seen quite a few swear by the dhm.

I'm fully aware of the mods needed to support these kind of upgrades, I just want to know if there are some secrets to the dhm or if the finbro is just a really, really good deal.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd do finbro. Ive had a DHM 27/23 with koso port. He seems to shave the head and do the intake valve spring, but port work seemed just like a finbro ported for a koso I got from cjr and the finbro 28/24 I have.

Finbro seems to use stock valvesprings, so I'd throw to DHM retainers in and run it. If you want a raceport, shave the valve guide down.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a 2018 grom with a 186 kit with dhm head with race port. I truly enjoy the power it makes.

that being said I also have a crf110 with 132bbk and a cjr race head … also seems very quality

that also being said i have a 2021 monkey that I just purchased a Cameron Jones racing race head for…

Also also I have a 2022 Grom in which I am ordering a dhm race head

so I say go with dhm - or cjr …. I’m happy with both there work

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! Right now I have a very ported head, diy, with stock valves, DCR stage 2 cam, dual valve springs and titanium retainers. I think if I get the finbro head and transfer the springs, retainers and cam, I would end up with a pretty sweet setup. This thing hauls some ass already, can't wait to see what happens with a new head.

So, that's one for finbro and one for dhm

Anyone else?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Here is what I have at the house. I have pics of my old dhm one on my PC I might upload later.

Here is hardracing finbro top and the 27/23 finbro from cjr thats ported for a koso bottom.

Ren MW 27/23 with koso port top and finbro 28/24 with koso port bottom.

HR finbro ports

Finbro with koso port

Rem MW

Finbro 28/24

1 - 6 of 6 Posts