Honda Grom banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to this but I just got first grom. I already have the chimera intake, tb cam, zoom loop exhaust and the DHM ecu installed. Is it normal for the bike to be boggy at first after installing the dhm while it figures everything out or did I do something wrong. The bike has only 25 miles total on it and about 12 with all the parts on it. I made sure to reset throttle and ecu and codes before starting after install. I want to just ride it and let everything figure it self out like the dhm website says (run the bike 20 miles before really testing it) but I also don’t want to be wrong and damage something or overheat.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I don’t know. After my latest Cameron Jones Racing ECU reflash, my bike bogs until the motor warms up. If I let it sit and idle for 90 seconds, then rev it up, it is pretty much good to go. It will only bog again after it cools and then is restarted. It doesn’t bog while out riding the bike.

My previous tune didn’t do that. It was ready to rev up immediately. Of course I still let it run long enough for oil to circulate, before revving the motor.

I didn’t reset anything this time. I did last year though, after my first ECU reflash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is better once it warms up but still does it now and then while riding. It’s not as bad as after start up. But it takes a solid 5 minutes of running before it’s good to ride

·
Registered
216 Posts
Did you reset your ECU after installing?

I would if you haven't, helps the reflash to "learn" your system. This learning process takes about 25 miles or so of regular riding. I also did the DHM flash and TB cam, it was also boggy for the first 25 miles of riding, it will learn the system and should be good once you have some miles on the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you reset your ECU after installing?

I would if you haven't, helps the reflash to "learn" your system. This learning process takes about 25 miles or so of regular riding. I also did the DHM flash and TB cam, it was also boggy for the first 25 miles of riding, it will learn the system and should be good once you have some miles on the bike.
It’s just good to know somebody else is having/had the same results I had.. every review I saw was like, I put this thing on it runs perfect and is the best tune you can get with no mention of break in time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts