Honda Grom banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
To be honest, we had trouble getting both the Honda ones and ours to stick with 3M tape. Normally 3M is fantastic at sticking things on and the 3M tape used on the flyscreen for example is great. I think the problem is that the panels that the grilles fit to are made from soft plastic which is both a bit greasy (agreed on prep being crucial) but also they flex inward when you apply pressure. I know silicone will work because it always does LOL but on our bike at the moment I haven't used it because we are needing to change components all the time. But I'd definitely recommend silicone sealant for if you don't want to take it off again. The thing to do is makes sure the surface is clean and grease free and then apply the silicone and leave it overnight to really go hard. It is a good idea to apply pressure to the part being glued by covering with newspaper or cloth or similar and the wrap tape around the part while under a bit of pressure so it won't move at all
awesome to have u on here and responding :)

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.