Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
OK, you guys pushed me over the edge. I called around and found a dealer with a yellow Monkey a little over 2 hours away. I gave them a deposit and will pick it up next week. The few places that have them seem to want several hundred in fees on top of msrp. Luckily I found one without all the freight / setup extra fees.
Congratulations. I'm glad we could be a positive influence on your life.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm coming up on 40 next month. The Z50 was the first motorcycle I ever rode when I was a kid and when the new Monkey prototype came out I just new I had to have one. In my 20's I owned and recreationally raced two Honda CRR600F4 and CBR600F4i's in the WERA series on the east coast and then I was out of the motorcycle game from 2002 until 2012 or so and I started riding some dirt trails with a Husqvarna WR125. In 2013 I got the itch again and bought a Triumph Street Triple R to do track days with, then when my kids turned 4 I bought them a few of those electric razer dirt/gp bikes which they picked up so fast so we went the whole CRF50/CRF70/KLX110/ route with me buying a CRF230 and a CRF250X to ride with them on. Needless to say my wife and kids bought me a Monkey in banana yellow for my 40th that I picked up last weekend with my daughter, and it is by far the most fun motorcycle I've owned over the years.
IMG_7363.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
54 and living in the Florida keys on a sailboat. PERFECT bike for here. I have spent $3k on top of the $3600, yes, that’s right, $3600 for the bike. There was a misunderstanding and my dealer really made it right. I have about 300 miles on her. Ohlins are fantastic, I can take big speed bumps at 45 mph, no prob. Chimera intake, kits I clutch cover, Koso clutch, 5 row oil cooler, 16/32 sprockets, takegawa oil pump, anodizing pipe. Yellow bike. Loving life!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
54 and living in the Florida keys on a sailboat. PERFECT bike for here. I have spent $3k on top of the $3600, yes, that’s right, $3600 for the bike. There was a misunderstanding and my dealer really made it right. I have about 300 miles on her. Ohlins are fantastic, I can take big speed bumps at 45 mph, no prob. Chimera intake, kits I clutch cover, Koso clutch, 5 row oil cooler, 16/32 sprockets, takegawa oil pump, anodizing pipe. Yellow bike. Loving life!!
That's awesome !! Which Key ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Vaca key, marathon is the city. In the middle keys.
I know it well . I own a couple of places at the Banyan resort in KeyWest on Whitehead street we go many times a year since its close .Be there in July .You should bring the Monkey down when I m there
Cool, I’m about to take her across 7 mile, first time since the upgrades. Lots of tourists but not too windy. US1 is perfect for the Monkey. I’m always in race mode. I top out at 5 mph over the speed everyone is running. She’s an excellent bar hopper. I get away with a lot, like the groms. Donuts, burnouts with flying gravel, wheelies, parking on the sidewalk... everyone just laughs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am 50, and have owned 7 motorcyles before this Monkey. Everything from HD Road Kings, Street glides, Honda Shadows etc, and this may be the most fun bike yet! Just a pure form of fun like the reason I started to ride years ago!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanx John, it's been a total blast to ride so far,you will love it I predict, broke into 50s last weekend in Ohio,rode my Heritage Softail, old Super Glide,and my ole trusty BMW RS.and the Monkey...with most miles on the little 125.....lots a fun in the trails,yard,fields, or the road, and your rite on,this is why we started riding it the first place!!!! ENJOY BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
39 here. Only 7 years of riding experience, but I've had a few bikes over the years (currently 5 including the Monkey). It scratches the fun itch and oddly enough is becoming my "touring" bike for taking trips. Granted most of the trips will involve 100+ miles in the bed of my truck, but I've never really been tempted to do this on anything else I've owned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Height: 5'-11"
Weight: 240

Experience: 13 years riding. Never before. Owned 47 bikes in 13 years, tried many just to find out if I'd like them.
Traded a brand new 2018 BMW GS Adventure Premium fully loaded in on two new Monkey's and a whole bunch of cash back.
Decided going to the Arctic Circle just wasn't going to be for me.
Lost more money on this trade deal than the two Monkey's cost but that's OK.

I plan to customize each one differently. A Yellow and a Red.

I prefer low and slow and quiet! Tired of hod rods, loud bikes, fast bikes, and bull crap of Harley riders vs. BMW. Just tired of goof balls I guess. Instead of giving up riding I'm going to just "Monkey Around".

Hope to be riding my Yellow on the Tail of the Dragon in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
31, riding for 19 of them. I guess I'm a goof BMW rider with the HP4 in the garage, and the loud Husqvarna along with the original CT70 from middle school I restored. Stoked on the Monkey, it's nick named 'The Couch'. Fun little cruiser!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Damn. Just realized I didn't put up my info. 41 yrs Riding for the last 35 or so. Live everyday to the fullest. Live outside New Orleans in Metairie. Always down for fun rides. Keep my Pop's around while I can to let him enjoy the same things. He's the reason I ride these bikes anyway. Love anything with two wheels. Have had more fun on the smaller bikes. Met some really cool people I would have never met otherwise. I spend most of my time chasing the dollar bill. But when I do have time, I love to play with the toys. I have a New Monkey the dirty banana, 14 Grom ( My bike built in memory of a dear friend that passed. Uzit') a Cfr50F, 15 Softail Deluxe all cholo lowrider style, 13 Ruckus have had at least 5 or so of them. They always seem to come back to me in one way or the other.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts