Honda Grom banner

What was your Promised Delivery Date?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess none of us can predict the future, but do ya'll think some dealers will actually receive some stock around the 15th?

I currently have 2 deposits down, and a third dealer just called to say they have 1 unit available for the 15th.

My local powerhouse dealer, is charging me OTD $3700, but since I'm #4 for a black from. I probably won't see it until Sept.

I found a second powerhouse in a nearby city. They are a class 5 dealership and have 6 coming in. I'm #5 on that list, i think. Since putting my deposit down, I have been able to get him to CALL me back! Their OTD price is $3500.
I emailed this dealer about a 15th delivery window, and he said no dealer in our area will be getting the grom's before the 25th.

The third location isn't a powerhouse dealer. So I'm not sure how they are getting 3 grom's. Since it is a refundable deposit, I went ahead and did it in case. It is LOCAL, their OTD is $3500 and their estimated deliver date is a week before everyone else!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I was told it would be delivered late August but don't be surprised if it's later than that. The dealer I go to usually shoot me straight and want to make sure I don't get my hopes up too much.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was the store manager at a Radio Shack for the last 13 years. In the last 4 years, i was there... certain phones like the Sprint HTC EVO and iPhones garnered a ton of attention and we took pro-orders for them.

My small store, was #1 the days the EVO and iPhones were released because I was very organized and told people the way it is. If they were number 40 on the list, they knew it.

I learnt over the years, to under promise and over deliver.

So I know exactly what these salespeople are going through. I have been there myself.

They may be trying to achieve a preorder quota. "Hey boss, we closed on 5 preorders today." Yes we had quotas for pre-orders on iPhones.

They could be stringing me on, and promise the 15th, but the secretly know they are getting 1 on the first wave.

I also understand things happens, that make a salesperson seem dishonest. One year, we sold 40-50 preorders for iPhones. On launch day, we had received only 10... All hell could have broken loose, like what occurred at other stores because they didn't receive enough qty either. But it didn't, because I called 40 people to let them know, what was going on, and their options. I was able to keep the calm. And only a few people bought elsewhere.

If you work for a honda dealership, sorry... I'm not trying to make ya'll seem like your dishonest.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I was the store manager at a Radio Shack for the last 13 years. In the last 4 years, i was there... certain phones like the Sprint HTC EVO and iPhones garnered a ton of attention and we took pro-orders for them.

My small store, was #1 the days the EVO and iPhones were released because I was very organized and told people the way it is. If they were number 40 on the list, they knew it.

I learnt over the years, to under promise and over deliver.

So I know exactly what these salespeople are going through. They may be trying to achieve a preorder quota. "Hey boss, we closed on 5 preorders today." or they could be stringing me on, and promise the 15th, but the secretly know they are getting 1 on the first wave, etc..

If you work for a honda dealership, sorry... I'm not trying to make ya'll seem like your dishonest.

It is far better to say it's going to take a month and have it come in 2 weeks early than vice versa. Then you don't have to hear a bunch of guys bitching at you because it's not here when you promised.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Umm I cant wait, any updates? Salesman told me yesterday "sometime in august 15-25th, probably toward the end. You know "Never sooner, always late" " Anyone in California expecting theirs on the 15th? East bay motorsports is not a "powerhouse" dealer but says for sure they are getting 3 and I am 3rd in line, so I really hope I get one. But conflicting statements saying non powerhouse get 2 is really starting to worry me. They reassure me I am getting one when the first shipment arrives. I CANT TAKE THE PRESSURE I feel like cartman waiting on the Nintendo thing in that one episode SOMEONE OFFER REASSURANCE!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
My level 5 powerhouse salesman was told by the owner the 15th

edit: ps this is just what I was told over the telephone.. My salesman had no idea on a ship date, he asked me to hold, came back with that info and said "the owner mike just said the 15th of August" then again according to a member here, whoever gives us dates are full of it

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealership told me they're getting just two and I'm 2nd in line. I spoke to them yesterday and was told I should be getting a black one (what I requested), by mid august and they'll give me a heads up 3 or 4 days before I can pick it up.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I guess none of us can predict the future, but do ya'll think some dealers will actually receive some stock around the 15th?

I currently have 2 deposits down, and a third dealer just called to say they have 1 unit available for the 15th.

My local powerhouse dealer, is charging me OTD $3700, but since I'm #4 for a black from. I probably won't see it until Sept.

I found a second powerhouse in a nearby city. They are a class 5 dealership and have 6 coming in. I'm #5 on that list, i think. Since putting my deposit down, I have been able to get him to CALL me back! Their OTD price is $3500.
I emailed this dealer about a 15th delivery window, and he said no dealer in our area will be getting the grom's before the 25th.

The third location isn't a powerhouse dealer. So I'm not sure how they are getting 3 grom's. Since it is a refundable deposit, I went ahead and did it in case. It is LOCAL, their OTD is $3500 and their estimated deliver date is a week before everyone else!
Sounds legit to me. I think you should start camping out in their lot on the 13th in case it comes early. :wink:

·
Registered
684 Posts
My level 5 powerhouse showned me the papers and it said ship on the 25.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I work at a level 5 Powerhouse dealer. I saw on the honda dealer website that ours will be shipped on August 25, 2013. I haven't looked in the last week tho.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
I was told it would be around the 20th for a delivery date.

But here's the thing folks. It will get to you when it gets to you and not a minute, hour, day, week, or month sooner. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
298 Posts
so I'm in a pickle, my powerhouse dealer isn't giving me any info whatsoever, when I put my deposit down it was over the phone and they said I was #3, but they won't confirm that now and won't say how many they are getting first shipment. Also, they told me my $500 deposit is non refundable

Yesterday I talked to another dealer in my area who said they are getting two first shipment and I can come sign a bill of sale and reserve one if I want. Should i do that and guarantee I get one first shipment and possibly lose out on my $500 at the other dealer, or sit tight and hope I get one first shipment where I currently am?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts