Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call picking it up tommorow. Dealer said it would be $125 for hondas shipping costs as per website. Now that the bike is there they are saying it cost them $299. I put a non refundable deposit down and now they changed the price. No paperwork given to me at deposit. So they dont owe me anything legally I guess. At this point I'm sure I can get my deposit back. Anyone have any proof other than hondas website that I can show them its $125. Im calling around looking for another bike to just get my deposit back and buy from someone else but no luck. Im in oregon and this doesnt normally happen.

Grom 2999
shipping 299
DMV 260

3560 was suppose to be 3385

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
My "shipping" was $150 my "destination" was $150. In the end I got out the door for under $3800 and I was happy about that. Seems I got a pretty good deal here in So Cal and the dealer (a personal friend) told me several times the others would pay more. FWIW

·
Registered
15 Posts
They jacked my dealer prep and destination to 585. I was pissed but they had 20 people that would take it if I didn't and 2 were standing there. My total OTD was 3825. When I questioned the salesman he said the bikes don't come assembled and they have to put the forks,wheels and other stuff on which I don't believe to be true. How they get around the pricing thing is by saying those fees are included in every deal. If they have a long line of people don't be mad if they want your first born........somebody will give it to them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
They jacked my dealer prep and destination to 585. I was pissed but they had 20 people that would take it if I didn't and 2 were standing there. My total OTD was 3825. When I questioned the salesman he said the bikes don't come assembled and they have to put the forks,wheels and other stuff on which I don't believe to be true. How they get around the pricing thing is by saying those fees are included in every deal. If they have a long line of people don't be mad if they want your first born........somebody will give it to them.
Lol...don't these salesmen know we read hondagrom.net? the grom comes fully assembled except for the mirrors...which you screw on, (and most are taking back off). Oh well...as they say, you can't argue with them, as there is a waiting list behind you ready to pounce on the next available grom!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Man I fracking hate dealerships. There probably gonna jack up my price too. If they raise your price beyond your max u should just buy it then turn around n sell it on Craigslist for $7500(that's my plan atleast lol)

·
Registered
695 Posts
I didn't pay shipping or any of that BS. I paid 59 dollars for documentation and that's it.

Stand your ground.
There is no ground to stand on when there's a bunch of people standing right behind you waving cash in the dealers face lol but damn u got lucky on that deal. The salesman probably didn't know he was selling a peice of honda made gold haha

·
Registered
245 Posts
There is no ground to stand on when there's a bunch of people standing right behind you waving cash in the dealers face lol but damn u got lucky on that deal. The salesman probably didn't know he was selling a peice of honda made gold haha
Yeah I understand. Just wanted to encourage him.... But my dealer definitely knew all about the buzz. Just a small perk of living in Oklahoma City. People treat people right.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Got the call picking it up tommorow. Dealer said it would be $125 for hondas shipping costs as per website. Now that the bike is there they are saying it cost them $299. I put a non refundable deposit down and now they changed the price. No paperwork given to me at deposit. So they dont owe me anything legally I guess. At this point I'm sure I can get my deposit back. Anyone have any proof other than hondas website that I can show them its $125. Im calling around looking for another bike to just get my deposit back and buy from someone else but no luck. Im in oregon and this doesnt normally happen.

Grom 2999
shipping 299
DMV 260

3560 was suppose to be 3385
That is some BS! I know you feel like if they are cheating you but at $3560 I would say it is a good average price. That is what i paid as well, but i bet you didn't have to drive 10 hours to get it!

There have been a lot of members here bay $3800 OTD, and just be glad your not in CA where there OTD is $4200-$5000!

So did you get it?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well just went to the dealer they tried to add in another hundred dollars and I told him no way then they took it off after some back and forth. still yeah a good price. she's in the back in the Xterra driving home got about a two hour drivethe owners manual was not with the bike so they said they would order me a new owners manual and throw a tool kit in

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also forgot that they tried to charge me for a battery tender that they installed and never told me about I told them to take it off and they just gave it to me for free paid 3458 with registration out the door

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lol...don't these salesmen know we read hondagrom.net? the grom comes fully assembled except for the mirrors...which you screw on, (and most are taking back off). Oh well...as they say, you can't argue with them, as there is a waiting list behind you ready to pounce on the next available grom!
I don't know about the Grom, but no other motorcycle that our dealer has ever sold comes anywhere near assembled. This includes the CRF50s, TTR90s, etc., all the way up to the big stuff like GL1800s.

Handlebars aren't attached sometimes, the front wheel/fender isn't attached, there's no fluids or battery or air filter installed... that all had to be set up, and set up properly.

Seeing as there's two Groms in a crate, I highly doubt you just "screw the mirrors in".

There's more to a PDI than you'd think.

·
Registered
695 Posts
well just went to the dealer they tried to add in another hundred dollars and I told him no way then they took it off after some back and forth. still yeah a good price. she's in the back in the Xterra driving home got about a two hour drivethe owners manual was not with the bike so they said they would order me a new owners manual and throw a tool kit in
This thing fits in an xterra?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I stand corrected! That's the first bike I've ever seen (scooters included) that have the front wheel and handlebars installed in the crate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I feel for you man... I'm feeling pretty lucky to have such an awesome dealership to work with. Than again I've been buying from them for 25 years. Plus worked there for 6 of them. Dealerships can do what they want. Honda charges the dealership the freight listed on the website. It's up to the dealership to charge what they want from my experience

I paid 2995, plus tax 194.67, plus MN license fee $42 = $3,231.67 OTD. Wasn't charged the freight at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts