Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New to this forum as I just have purchased a yellow non-abs Monkey. I am stoked! Has anyone taken the emissions equipment off their Monkey and noticed a difference? I have de-smogged all of my previous bikes before and they have always ran better.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :encouragement:

I own a grom and "desmogged" it but didn't really feel a difference. The engines are so small that I don't think you'll feel anything, but in the mind you'll know that it is "better" off then having it on, lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "desmog" unless you're talking about replacing the exhaust with one that eliminates the cat. I put on the Takegawa STD which is catless and it made a small difference in power (maybe?) but no perceptible difference in it running "better." I like the slight bump in sound though. If you're looking for performance, put on a smaller front sprocket.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
the charcoal canister captures vapor emissions from the tank, traps, then attempts to recycle it into the engine. The only thing youd really gain removing it is a minor weight reduction or some free space for some stuff to go.

·
Registered
788 Posts
the charcoal canister captures vapor emissions from the tank, traps, then attempts to recycle it into the engine. The only thing youd really gain removing it is a minor weight reduction or some free space for some stuff to go.
I believe vapor recovery would help the engine get better gas mileage.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks all, I'm going to rip it all out. All the bikes that I've had that have the emissions installed have ran better without it installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts