Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I get used to riding the Grom, I'm planning on making it my main form of transportation. I just do so much driving around the 100mpg+ will save me tons of money. Is anyone else planning on making this their daily rider? If so what are your plans for modifications to make this an easier ride? I'm looking into tires, and would love suggestions. I also need a new seat, or a bigger butt. Also looking very heavy into security. I think I'm going to just get a really tough chain and lock her up. I work in a pretty scummy city and don't want anyone just walking away with the bike.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Since my CRX doesn't have AC(and the engine is in pieces atm) I'll be daily driving my Grom as well. It's only a 10min drive to work which is a condo for extremely rich people so the garage is resident and employee only.. seriously though, their guests can't even park in the garage. Because of the short drive I'm not sure if the seat will bother me. Gonna keep it stock for at least a few weeks while I prioritize mods.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My drive to work is about 30 minutes, but then right after I have to be on my feet all day. So I don't want to get to work even a little bit achy from the bike.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I'll be riding mine a lot to work (10 mins away). First reason is because it'll a blast to monkey around on while on the way to work. Also so I'll have one to show customers since we'll probably never have one "in stock" to put on the showroom floor. The 100+ possible MPG is just a bonus but like I've said before, I'm more interested in SMG... haha

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
As long as it's not pouring rain I will be riding the Grom to work.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have a company car so my work gas is free. The Grom will strictly be a toy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just curious on why you need to change tires for a daily? I know pirelli makes a set of scooter tires. You could also change it out with a skinny wheel and tire combo, even a dirt bike tire. Changing the seats, suspension, and handle bars can improve ride quality.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Just curious on why you need to change tires for a daily? I know pirelli makes a set of scooter tires. You could also change it out with a skinny wheel and tire combo, even a dirt bike tire. Changing the seats, suspension, and handle bars can improve ride quality.

as far as tires go we have all heard that the tires are crap in the wet. In MS it rains a lot and need something with more sticking power.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as far as tires go we have all heard that the tires are crap in the wet. In MS it rains a lot and need something with more sticking power.
Yea, it's like a rain forest here, I don't think I would ever go out in the rain. However, if it starts to rain I don't want to die.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My commute is horrendous everyday! When I had my ruckus and it was warm out she was my daily rider. I will be doing the same with the Grom. Excited. My ride was pretty comfy already, just have to wait to sit my butt on the Grom before I know what I need to change.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's gonna be my er'day driver for sure!

Swap out the tires (got my Power Pure's a couple weeks ago in anticipation for the rain season, and for that I have pants and a jacket). Check out this math;

30 miles total drive for work each day and assuming $3.75/gallon and 240 work days a year (7200 miles)
Toyota Tacoma - 20 mpg - 360 gallons - $1350/year
Aprilia RSV R - ~40 mpg - 180 gallons - $740/year (with premium at $4.10)
Grom - ~120 mpg - 60 gallons - $225/year

This is obviously just work miles so there's gonna be many "play" and track miles but it's a no brainer in my case!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Everysingle day unless rains. Im 45 min commute on backroads and a 2 lane. And sc pures cuz im making this 125 do work.

And were also only getting 1 so customers can see the lil badass in person.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Definitely going to save money on gas and will ride it till the wheels fall off.... then buy some new wheels and do it all over!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Daily rider here. Preserve the miles off my minty fresh hypermotard evo. I will likely have to do the 180cc big bore, pipe, cyl head, and throttle body from yuminashi or whoever surfaces in the next month. I really am going to need the extra performance. My commute is either 20 minutes of lane splitting on the freeway, or 45 minutes of riding tight twisty hills. I will need the passing power of a few mods to get around cars uphill at 45-50mph. As when they know you are passing over the DY they regularly try to haul butt to make it harder. The ducati flies to 100 so that's easy, but I think I might get stuck with the grom. WE shall see!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When everyone is away from home, how do yall plan on keeping the bike safe from thief's?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts