Honda Grom banner

Daddysmut's build

Build: 
32K views 90 replies 28 participants last post by  daddysmut 
#1 · (Edited)
dubbed "Trom"

actually acquired it on Friday but this weekend was "kiddie weekend" so i didn't get to ride it at all.

yesterday i finally got some real seat time on it. my 1st impression was that it looked bigger than i had expected...until i sat on it. then the whole bike disappeared beneath me. lol

it's pretty quick...surprisingly so. i'm disappointed in the wheelie ability. the lil bike is so heavy that i haven't been able to get it up in 2nd gear...yet.

out of the box got it up to 57mph sitting up and 64mph tucked. today i took it on the highway and with full tuck hit 66mph.

overall, i love it. can't really figure out what i'm going to do with the bars yet. we'll see...

Grom

my lil brother riding it (5'6" 150lbs)

my friend (5'8" 210lbs)

the only pic i've seen of me on it

took the rear fender off and made a license plate bracket out of the stock one. took about 20 min

i think i'm going to use my old Arai "Guyver" helmet as my dedicated Grom helmet. just to added to the "WTF just passed me??"

See less See more
#15 ·
Dude you got a lot of toys jammed up in there, from what I see ....The new Grom, Honda cr 85 super motard , 2 Honda rucks with gy6 swaps,and is that a Suzuki VL 1500 or a Harley heritage......Now that's what I call a toy box!!!

#21 · (Edited)
just finished making an underbody exhaust using a Dsection xr50 can, some GY6 header and the stock header. took about an hour to make with a total cost of $34. the tip of the can is angled so it blows the exhaust away from the tire. sounds great and no back fire.

sounds nasty :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.