Honda Grom banner

CV4 Lightweight Batteries

13K views 34 replies 15 participants last post by  chaddington 
#1 ·
I've been selling these latest CV4 batteries for some time with great results. More power than the OEM battery, and allows you to shave several pounds off the top of the bike. See more @ MNNTHBX - Enter

See less See more
#7 ·
You bet! However, I am a fair weather rider. I only ride when its dry and above 35 degrees. This leaves plenty of down time for multiple bikes, especially during the winter. I keep my bikes on battery tenders at all times when parked in the garage. The batteries are always ready and my batteries last for at least 5 years on average.

#14 ·
They are good. Ive charged them with a regular charger when they are dead, no prob. I used the 2 amp setting, dont wanna fry it.
MNNN....etc... Like all other venders that offer crap on here, and the BIG mystery is PRICE............ I swear if i see another post from riders discount.

#22 ·
I bought one of these from you. My question would be to anyone that's installed one. What position did you put it in the battery box and how did you brace it. The negative terminal on the grom is barely long enough to install this in one position. I will admit that it is extremely light and a bit smaller than stock but don't expect this to be an extremely simple plug and play. The terminal screws are a diameter that is a bit larger than stock and you have to hone out the stock connectors. Also, it is considerably smaller on the width/length so the stock battery brace is no longer effective. I may have been best served to extend the negative cable.

#26 ·
I grabbed some foam to pad the void around the battery, which is laid down terminals forward. Standing from the rear of the bike, the + post is on the top right, and the - post on the bottom right. I have all kinds of wire length to play with. I may have moved some wire around a frame rail for better fitment, can't recall. There is no need in any case to cut, modify, or splice any wiring. Difficulty of installation from 1-10 is a 2, worst case scenario.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.